Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

can you now take safety matches onboard a international flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Hi heard from a friend of a friend (etc etc) that you can now take paper matches on flights?? is this true? last time I flew it was a real 'no no"
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
From this page of TSA regulations, scroll or jump to the "Flammable Items" section near the bottom:

Strike-anywhere Matches - Up to 4 books of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage.
Since you asked about an international flight, though, keep in mind that the regulations on the rest of your trip will vary with the country or countries from which your flight(s) depart as well as possibly those in which you land.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:48 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to TS/S Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whatever the rules are, paper matches don't show up when in your pocket.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by hfly
Whatever the rules are, paper matches don't show up when in your pocket.
and neither has a lighter living in my jacket pocket for over a year when going thru the x-ray machine.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
As the OP's concern has been answered here (as well as in previous threads), we'll close this one.

----------
essxjay
TS/S moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.