Wiki Posts
Search

YUL - LHR RT, possible security issues?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, BA, Aeroplan
YUL - LHR RT, possible security issues?

Hi all, I need a bit of advice from you FT'ers.

Next week, I'm flying YUL - LHR and coming back New Year's day, and I've been hearing everywhere that security at LHR is insanely tight. So I was wondering, what sort of things should I be expecting and just how strict are they going to be about the baggie policy/empty waterbottles/etc?

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:33 pm
tlc

Programs: AA Platinum
Very

100ml. all in a 1 litre bag. no water thru security, can't say about empty bottles. And most of all ONE and only ONE item of luggage. No computer bag and purse/waist pouch, no rollaboard and computer bag. ONE item strictly enforced as to size as well.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Thumbs down

Looks like I'll be going through FRA this summer instead of LHR.

Sanosuke!
Old Dec 5, 2006, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Sanosuke
Looks like I'll be going through FRA this summer instead of LHR.

Sanosuke!
That, unfortunately, may not help.

The British government has pushed hard for "harmonization" to the idiotic "security" standards so as not to have the UK transit traffic business diverted elsewhere. And so we will have it in April 2007 that the real pain of these changes will become more evident across all EU airports (and a number of others) unless common sense prevails before then.

The following restrictions are in effect at airports throughout the European Union and in Norway, Iceland and Switzerland:

1. Passengers may carry no more than 100 milliliters of liquid per container.

2. All such containers should fit into a clear, re-sealable plastic bag to be presented at security checkpoints. (These rules do not apply to liquids in checked baggage or to liquids, such as beverages or perfumes, purchased at airport shops after passengers clear security.)

3. Baby food and medicines are exempt from the restrictions but are subject to inspection.

4. At security checkpoints, passengers are required to remove coats and jackets.

5. Laptops and large electrical items must be removed from their bags at checkpoints.

6. Effective April 2007, each passenger is allowed one item of carry-on baggage, not exceeding a maximum 56 x 45 x 25 centimeters (about 22 x 17 x 10 inches) -- exceptions may be made for some items such as musical instruments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.