Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

New TSA Idiocy: "Beverages received on the plane may not be carried off the plane."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TSA Idiocy: "Beverages received on the plane may not be carried off the plane."

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Corey Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the Assn. of Flight Attendants-CWA, said Friday that the ramped-up precautions were "long overdue," and that there was nothing excessive about the new mood in the skies."

That should be CYA not CWA.

Ms. Caldwell, I hope to God I am never on an airplane with you. I would never want someone as stupid and cowardly in charge of my "safety", let alone responsible for getting me a drink of water. You are not even qualified to scrub garbage cans or dig ditches, so I hope you are fired with prejudice. You're a disgrace to your profession and to all US citizens.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Don't sugar-coat it, Spiff! Tell it to her straight!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
Don't sugar-coat it, Spiff! Tell it to her straight!
I keep hoping to run into one of these imbeciles outside "security" so that I can, but sadly I never see them.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by Spiff
I keep hoping to run into one of these imbeciles outside "security" so that I can, but sadly I never see them.
How ironic -I just read it somewhere on FT- that these policy makers travel on private gov't jets (is that true, Spiff?), by-passing alot of the mandatory screening that the public must endure? My goodness, that smacks of good-old "apparatchik"-ness, Da, Comerade? What an insult.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, WN RR
How ironic -I just read it somewhere on FT- that these policy makers travel on private gov't jets (is that true, Spiff?), by-passing alot of the mandatory screening that the public must endure? My goodness, that smacks of good-old "apparatchik"-ness, Da, Comerade? What an insult.
"All men are equal, but some are more equal than others." Animal Farm, George Orwell. Rather prescient chap.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:32 pm

I know that Comrades Chertoff and Hawley fear to travel commercially among those they harass.

I dare either one of them to do so. "Hey, it's the _______ responsible for the liquid/gel nonsense!!!"

If only I was there to sell some rope...
Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Given the level of animosity that screeners and the flying public rightfully have towards Hawley, I wouldn't be surprised if he has stopped traveling on commercial flights...

Kinda reminds me of situations where an ex-airline CEO that the employees of that airline hated flies on the airline he used to run and the pilots walk off the aircraft, or the FAs refuse to serve him, etc. (Has happened several times.)
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
I am curious to see if anyone who makes the weird regulations actually fly.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Death of Common Sense noted

The events of the last two weeks make me want to place flowers on a grave. Anyone know where I can find the tombstone that reads:

Here Lies "Human Common Sense"

Born Uldavi Gorge, Africa, circa 250,000 years ago
Died Washington, DC, circa 8/10/2006

I hope it's close enough to drive to, I'd hate to have to fly. . .
Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:25 pm

I'd say the time of death was closer to September 11th 2001.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:11 pm

I'd say the time of death was closer to September 11th 2001.
I might have said November 2000, but that would sound overly political.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Off topic, but glad to see you posting this morning, Spiff. I thought it unlikely that you would fly the regional airline for Delta into Louisville, but it's nice to see confirmation of that.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Off topic, but glad to see you posting this morning, Spiff. I thought it unlikely that you would fly the regional airline for Delta into Louisville, but it's nice to see confirmation of that.
Thank you! I have taken that LEX-ATL flight in the past, but usually use SDF as it is closer to home.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Ah, I dream of the day that TSA employee Edward Scissorhands gets his hands on one of these guys in a secondary. Alas, it is not to be.

Mike
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:47 am
Suspended

I know that Comrades Chertoff and Hawley fear to travel commercially among those they harass.

I dare either one of them to do so. "Hey, it's the _______ responsible for the liquid/gel nonsense!!!"

If only I was there to sell some rope...
So, to clarify, you are threating the Secretary of Homeland Security with bodily harm or a hanging?

Correct? I guess the FBI should know about that.

Brilliant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.