Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a GE Kiosk with a Green Card?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Using a GE Kiosk with a Green Card?

My wife and I both have Nexus but my wife is Canadian. She is a US Permanent Resident. We tried to go through a GE kiosk last week in Miami but it wouldn't work with my wife's Canadian passport. Do the kiosks work with a Permanent Resident card somehow? There didn't seem to be a slot to put the card in like there is for the passport.

If anyone has used the GE kiosk with a green card please let me know how you did it! Thank you!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by gargoyle999
My wife and I both have Nexus but my wife is Canadian. She is a US Permanent Resident. We tried to go through a GE kiosk last week in Miami but it wouldn't work with my wife's Canadian passport. Do the kiosks work with a Permanent Resident card somehow? There didn't seem to be a slot to put the card in like there is for the passport.

If anyone has used the GE kiosk with a green card please let me know how you did it! Thank you!
Deja vu. I feel like someone with exactly the same situation asked this a few days ago. Oh yes, here it is, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19697208-post23.html . And incredibly, the person who asked that question, which was answered, has the exact same user name.

You use the same slot as the passport. Look at her green card and at your passport's photo page. Notice that below the photo, both have a series of computer readable characters including a bunch of inequality signs. The same way you slide the passport into the kiosk is the same way you slide the green card. Pretend the green card is a miniature passport and it will all make sense.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mre5765
Deja vu. I feel like someone with exactly the same situation asked this a few days ago. Oh yes, here it is, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19697208-post23.html . And incredibly, the person who asked that question, which was answered, has the exact same user name.
wow! I do apologize. I'm new to FT but not message boards and know i have committed a cardinal sin. I had checked that thread even this morning and just missed the replies. I will see if I can delete this post.

Last edited by gargoyle999; Nov 22, 2012 at 11:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.