FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Ban the Scan NYC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1223889-ban-scan-nyc.html)

Fredd Jun 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16568532)
Lol I'm a little slow. No jokes, please. :)

Are you saying it was a bust, or just about?

Not another bust joke from the TSA. :eek:

SATTSO Jun 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd (Post 16568548)
Not another bust joke from the TSA. :eek:

Nope, the only joke I made was about menbeing slow.

I'm actually, honestly curious about how the rally went. As both a citizen of this country and as a TSA employee I am simply curious. Yet I can't find anything about it on the news.

Fredd Jun 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16568607)
Nope, the only joke I made was about menbeing slow.

Mrs. Fredd often reminds me that men are slow but I don't think she's joking either.

As to the protest, the MSM covers what they want to cover and the actual number of protesters at a given event does not necessarily have a positive correlation with the resulting press coverage.

Bungnoid Jun 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16568607)
I'm actually, honestly curious about how the rally went. As both a citizen of this country and as a TSA employee I am simply curious. Yet I can't find anything about it on the news.

Agreed. I also am very curious to know if there was a good turnout or not, but can't seem to find that information anywhere. Can anyone who was there comment about the approximate size of the crowd?

RichardKenner Jun 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bungnoid (Post 16568673)
Agreed. I also am very curious to know if there was a good turnout or not, but can't seem to find that information anywhere. Can anyone who was there comment about the approximate size of the crowd?

My office was a few blocks away, but I was out of town, so I'm curious too.

SATTSO Jun 15, 2011 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd (Post 16568627)
Mrs. Fredd often reminds me that men are slow but I don't think she's joking either.

As to the protest, the MSM covers what they want to cover and the actual number of protesters at a given event does not necessarily have a positive correlation with the resulting press coverage.

I do understand there is no direct correlation. But news stories usually have certain facts, such as number of people who attended.

Or i would like if some of our FT members who attended would tell us, but so far they haven't.

Fredd Jun 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16569000)
I don't want to read a news story because certain facts, outside of opinion if the press, but because of the facts, such as attendance that can be learned.

Good luck!

mybodyismyown Jun 15, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm no good at estimating crowd size, but I'd guess 200 people were there for the rally.

RichardKenner Jun 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by mybodyismyown (Post 16569403)
I'm no good at estimating crowd size, but I'd guess 200 people were there for the rally.

If correct, that's pretty small for a rally at Union Square.

Bungnoid Jun 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by RichardKenner (Post 16569418)
If correct, that's pretty small for a rally at Union Square.

Yeah, a bit disappointing if accurate.