FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Amarillo woman sues TSA for 2008 public-view (non virtual) strip search (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1135409-amarillo-woman-sues-tsa-2008-public-view-non-virtual-strip-search.html)

doober Oct 11, 2010 11:13 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 14924449)
Or several of the them, no doubt "laughing and joking". After all, they've been professionalized.

The recent example from Nigeria shows what happens when a bunch of ill-manner, ill-disciplined idiots are given access to the viewing room.

Although I cannot find them now, we have already heard of reports of screeners standing around oggling as a good looking woman is being patted down.

oldjonesy Oct 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by doober (Post 14924622)
Although I cannot find them now, we have already heard of reports of screeners standing around oggling as a good looking woman is being patted down.

They are probably putting the image into their memory banks for "use" later on in private.

cordelli Jun 9, 2011 11:55 am

From Forbes

TSA Settles With Woman Whose Top Was Pulled Down
Jun. 8 2011 - 3:13 pm | 1,548 views | 1 recommendation | 1 comment
I’m glad to see these people finally having to pay someone, but $2,350 is not enough for this.

The 24-year-old plaintiff alleged that at the Corpus Christi airport in May 2008, she was selected for an enhanced pat-down, sufficiently enhanced in her case that the agent pulled her “blouse completely down, exposing Plaintiff’s breasts to everyone in the area.” Her attorney has said that she did not allege this was intentional, but obviously it was at least negligent, and she did allege that TSA employees then “joked and laughed about the incident” to the point that she left the security line for a while. Still hoping to travel to her destination, she later went back to the checkpoint, where a male TSA worker then told her he wished he had been there at the time. “[I'll] just have to watch the video,” he allegedly told her.
It goes on to say nobody was fired or disciplined and includes a link to the settlement paperwork

AngryMiller Jun 10, 2011 4:42 am

Originally Posted by cordelli (Post 16532201)
From Forbes

It goes on to say nobody was fired or disciplined and includes a link to the settlement paperwork

Sad, that nobody was either fired or disciplined. Gross incompetence on the part of both managers and front line employees. TSA has worked quite hard to rightfully earn the reputation it has with travelers.

mikeef Jun 10, 2011 12:05 pm

From Forbes

I would be interested to see how they defend that one on PV (or, in this case, PerVy)

Mike

Plato90s Jun 10, 2011 12:51 pm

From Forbes

Previously posted June 1st.

Paltry settlement with TSA

cordelli Jun 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Plato90s (Post 16538799)
Previously posted June 1st.

Paltry settlement with TSA

Missed it where it was posted, searched for Corpus Christie but the other thread didn't use those words, and thought it belonged on the already existing thread. That would probably have been merged into this one had it not been sent to PR :)