Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCI's best reward program = blockbuster?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2002, 11:31 am
Original Poster

MCI's best reward program = blockbuster?

I just signed up with The Neighborhood, and decided that the best rewards partner that MCI has is with blockbuster:

Earn 6 free DVD or game rental certificates, good at a participating BLOCKBUSTER store, for joining The Neighborhood

Earn 1 free DVD or game rental certificate good at a participating BLOCKBUSTER store for every $25 you spend each month with The Neighborhood (net of taxes, surcharges and credits)

With airline miles, it would take $5000 to earn a 25,000 mile domestic award. With blockbuster, $5000 gets you 200 rentals.

A full list of partners can be found here:

http://www.theneighborhood.com/res_l...sp?subpartner=

[This message has been edited by mileageman (edited 06-06-2002).]
Old Jun 7, 2002, 12:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mileageman:
With airline miles, it would take $5000 to earn a 25,000 mile domestic award. With blockbuster, $5000 gets you 200 rentals.
</font>
This breakdown does not figure in the bonus that are offered. You should be able to get 10,000 miles (5K for first month, then 1K for five months) at least every year. That drops a 25K domestic award down to $3000 miles.

So then you must ask yourself if a free domestic ticket is worth 120 rentals (~$360).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.