Overnight in LIM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight in LIM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Overnight in LIM

Hi Everyone,

I have an overnight layover in LIM in a couple months and was wondering what the best sleeping options are. I arrive at 00:30 and depart the next day at 08:30 on a Thursday. Will the airport be open at that time? (i.e. can I clear customs at 1am, check-in and sleep in the terminal? Cheap hotel options nearby? I could use my hilton points for a couple properties in the City, but they do not seem close to the airport at all and I'm not sure that would even be worth it for what would amount to 3 hours of sleep.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:22 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Yes, the Hilton hotel is a good option because it's in Miraflores, the perfect neighborhood for tourists and travelers, but in your case it's not the best alternative, since you'll stay just few hours and the hotel is 20 km (12 miles) from the airport.

Within the airport there is the Costa del Sol Wyndham, the best option to maximize your sleeping time, but it is everything but cheap. I don't know any hotel near the airport, hope some flyertalker knows.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Outside of the Wyndham Hotel there really isn't a good option near the airport.

Last time I was in your situation, I stayed at the Royal Inca Hotel for about $30.

Not great, but sure beats sleeping in the Lima terminal. They'll arrange for a free taxi to meet you once you exit Immigrations processing, and drive you to the hotel.

You'll also get a breakfast in the morning.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ma_Region.html
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Thank you both for your replies / information. This is very helpful!!!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
If you have Hilton points, just book at the Hilton, and use QuickLlama.com to get there. It's a very cheap and reliable shuttle, for around US$5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.