Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Class on Avianca?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Fare Class on Avianca?

Does ANYONE know how to get the damn fare class on Avianca anymore? For the life of me I can't understand why airlines insist on obfuscating this info. The only people that need it will be us miles geek types and there's no reason not to offer it before booking. I'm happy to pay a little more to my XS or S or whatever stupid name my fare has, so that I ensure I'm in P class and can earn 100% miles to my non-Lifemiles program.

I looked up a fare on ITA, found it as P, booked the fare on an OTA and have received no miles on Asiana where it should've credited to 100%. But any time I try to file for missing miles on OZ their website errors me out. So I'm hoping that maybe I can find my fare class in arrears, I just looked up my booking on the AV site, it's still there but I can't find any fare class. That, and I like to avoid this same issue from happening again in the future. I bought a similar fare BOG-MDE and had no issues getting my measly 500 mile minimum credited. This is only for like 1300 miles, but I'm only 8000 short of re-qualifying so I'd really like to get them credited as I think they should be.
davidd418 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: LH FTL, AY+ Gold, BAEC Silver, AF FB
I have exactly the same issue. I frequently fly with Avianca (usually their S fare), crediting the few miles I can earn to LH M&M. But each and every time I'm curious if it books into T, S, L, V, E or whatever...On AV's booking portal, it won't show, not even once you made the booking. Nevertheless, I made the experience, that checking the booking class on ITA Matrix prior to booking via AV, it eventually turns out to be exactly that booking class. I assume that the matrix reflects what is available when buying through the airline, but not necessarily when booking via an OTA. Maybe that is what you experience... but who knows?
Another downside is of course, that you don't seem to have an option to choose your booking class. Even going higher the weird AV fares (M instead of XS, for instance), won't change your booking class it seems. I realised that when booking through the Amex portal. There you get the booking class displayed in the process, but when I did it once, it was all the same class, no matter what fare I selected.

Guess, one option would be calling to ensure you are booked into the desired class. But then... how do you know if it works since it's not shown anywhere until you get your email that tells you you can check in now, which seems to be the only time where you see your class. And based on my experience with the rather mediocre AV customer service, I wonder if there is many who would know how to book a specific booking class. They may in the end just book you anything.
So, in the end it's always like gambling...
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It won't help before booking the ticket, but if you're trying to find the fare class after booking, have you tried looking up the ticket on the Saudia website? That should show it.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: mileage plus
At $43 R/T BOG-MDE (S fare group), Avianca *might* be a cheap source of PQF's for me, but who knows? Is the 'S' fare groups a version of basic economy that yields zero FF accruals?

Does 'S' group track to one of these fare classes?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:53 pm

I am having this same issue when trying to book with Avianca and credit to Air Canada. I don't know how I can book into one of the eligible classes. Matrix only shows U and that's not even on there so I imagine there are no points earned for that class at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.