Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit - No Precheck status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Spirit - No Precheck status

First time flying Spirit tomorrow and have to say, it's been a PITA and I haven't even gotten to the airpot. I checked in and saw no pre-check on the boarding pass I plan to print out. Checked the KTN and it was correct. Called in and they asked for the issue + expiration dates for TSA which I forunately had on me. After providing all the info they asked for, my ticket still isn't showing pre-check status, and I'm getting a bit worried about having to show up super-early at the airport for the holiday travel. I DM's @ASKTSA on Twitter and they said they'd try to look into it but no guarantees given how slammed they are. Does anyone know what else I can do to try and force PreCheck onto the ticket?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat. Life
I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. My precheck assignment has worked fine on spirit since they opened it up a few years back. I entered the # into my profile and haven't had any issues. I don't recall if it took time to go into affect.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by redtalun
First time flying Spirit tomorrow and have to say, it's been a PITA and I haven't even gotten to the airpot. I checked in and saw no pre-check on the boarding pass I plan to print out. Checked the KTN and it was correct. Called in and they asked for the issue + expiration dates for TSA which I forunately had on me. After providing all the info they asked for, my ticket still isn't showing pre-check status, and I'm getting a bit worried about having to show up super-early at the airport for the holiday travel. I DM's @ASKTSA on Twitter and they said they'd try to look into it but no guarantees given how slammed they are. Does anyone know what else I can do to try and force PreCheck onto the ticket?
After I confirmed my booking, I received an email from Spirit about adding a KTN or making any other modifications to the reservation via an online link. Went in there and entered the KTN. Now the reservation reflects it, but I haven't traveled yet, so I hope it prints correctly on the boarding pass.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:42 am
Original Poster

TSA replied after my flight - apparently Spirit had the wrong birthday attached to my reservation (it was off by 1 day - it might have been my mistake) so precheck didn't get applied.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is about 95% of the problem for most people and rarely has anything to do with the air carrier.

Double check to make certain that your name and date of birth match the name and date of birth associated with your KTN. For the name, this includes punctuation & spacing.

While minor discrepancies do not always result in being deselected from Pre-Check, they often do and this step eliminates most of the issues people find.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:18 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Its a Simple answer and something their IT Department could fix in minutes...The TSA Logo and Tick are in Color. Most Airport and Many Hotel printers don't have color. So it will not appear.

Mistake or another Spirit Scam. Does anybody have a Contact at Spirit to get this matter fixed. Come on Dudes its not Rocket Science.

If printing at home make sure your printer is set to Color or you also will be screwed.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:28 pm

Most black and white printers will still print color content, just in a grayscale format. A lot of airlines have the Pre logo in color, and I've never had an issue with it printing on a black and white printer. Even if it doesn't, it'd still show up on the boarding pass before printing, so if it didn't print on the receipt itself they could always use a mobile boarding pass, or reprint the boarding pass at a kiosk for free.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by jebr
Most black and white printers will still print color content, just in a grayscale format. A lot of airlines have the Pre logo in color, and I've never had an issue with it printing on a black and white printer. Even if it doesn't, it'd still show up on the boarding pass before printing, so if it didn't print on the receipt itself they could always use a mobile boarding pass, or reprint the boarding pass at a kiosk for free.
I think that most carriers have the logo in color. But, I can't think of a laser or inkjet which doesn't print color in either B&W or grayscale. I generally don't print in color anyway and it isn't a problem.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:01 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by jebr
Last Year I printed my Boarding Card at RIC Airport Kiosk and the TSA Info was missing..MOST in My World is not acceptable. Its need to be ALL Just tested your Grayscale theory and It did not work. It also does not Print the $9 Fare Club Promo saving even more waste of Ink. Not everybody wants to use a Smart Phone as a Back up for a simple IT Fix.

Last edited by UncleDude; Mar 11, 2020 at 8:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.