Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Air - North Canadian airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:23 am
Original Poster

First Air - North Canadian airline

We had such a wonderful experience with First Air. Flew from Ottawa to Iqaluit in Nunavut and then onward to Pond Inlet. The short flights - 3 hours and 2 hours respectively were amazing with great crew and care. We got 2 beverage services, a fun meal service, a candy service and even a "special drink" service where they provided everyone with hot coffee with Bailey's and whipped cream - all for free (well, included with the price of the ticket). Highly recommend this airline for those traveling into the Arctic!
WesternCDN likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
We had such a wonderful experience with First Air. Flew from Ottawa to Iqaluit in Nunavut and then onward to Pond Inlet. The short flights - 3 hours and 2 hours respectively were amazing with great crew and care. We got 2 beverage services, a fun meal service, a candy service and even a "special drink" service where they provided everyone with hot coffee with Bailey's and whipped cream - all for free (well, included with the price of the ticket). Highly recommend this airline for those traveling into the Arctic!
I was also pleasantly surprised the first time I flew up to Iqaluit (albeit on Canadian North). Both offer similar in-flight services with hot meals and beverages. Flights headed Southbound get free wine and "special coffee" along with the meal. Haven't yet had the chance to fly on an intra-Nunavut flight on First Air's ATRs or Canadian North's DH1s.

Was there any inflight service on the ATR flight to Pond?
xiphoid76 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

There was a sandwich from a local restaurant in Iqualit which was excellent as well as beverages and then they came around again with a full size candy bar from Quebec. This was all with only one flight attendant! So much better than domestic USA!
WesternCDN likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
The warm cookies and special coffee seem to have grown a bit scarcer in recent years. Almost all the north-south jet routes (except maybe YRT-YWG? Never really flew that route much) used to have them, but they disappeared off YFB-YUL a while back and they weren't offered on my most recent YZF-YEG flights (on either 7F or 5T) either. It seems like the only route where you are still more or less guaranteed to get the special coffee is southbound YFB-YOW.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nolens volans
The warm cookies and special coffee seem to have grown a bit scarcer in recent years. Almost all the north-south jet routes (except maybe YRT-YWG? Never really flew that route much) used to have them, but they disappeared off YFB-YUL a while back and they weren't offered on my most recent YZF-YEG flights (on either 7F or 5T) either. It seems like the only route where you are still more or less guaranteed to get the special coffee is southbound YFB-YOW.
They disappeared off YZF-YEG after WS/AC started forcing them to cut fares from $1000 r/t to often less than half that.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
They disappeared off YZF-YEG after WS/AC started forcing them to cut fares from $1000 r/t to often less than half that.
Yeah, it's a pretty expensive cup of coffee when you think about it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.