Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit Emailed Boarding Pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Spirit Emailed Boarding Pass

Spirit hasn't really announced this as far as I know, but you can now check in online (their website is not mobile friendly, so its difficult but not impossible to do on the phone) and email yourself the boarding pass.

What I found is that the emailed boarding pass never worked for me (the bar code doesn't display) but if you click the link at the top that says 'Can't View?' it will display a mobile boarding pass.. which also only works about half of the time

But when it does work I save a screenshot to phone gallery, and that gives me something that both TSA and Spirit can scan at the gate. Important since Spirit does charge to print a boarding pass with an agent (still free at kiosk, though there are rumors that may eventually have a $1-$2 charge).

More Info Here: https://customersupport.spirit.com/h...-Boarding-Pass

I remember reading a press release that they would have an app by the end of summer.. no dice there, but at least something...
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Or you could just download the App it stores all the boarding passes and has mobile check in
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

The app wasn't yet available when I originally posted, but it is now. It works fine for its intended purpose of boarding passes (can't book travel or add anything to travel, still have to use the website for that).
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by pitflyer
The app wasn't yet available when I originally posted, but it is now. It works fine for its intended purpose of boarding passes (can't book travel or add anything to travel, still have to use the website for that).
Huh? it came out Sept 25
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by john398
Huh? it came out Sept 25
Must have missed it somehow. Haven't used it yet but hope boarding passes are more reliable than the mobile email links since that still only showed a barcode for me once every other time.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Important since Spirit does charge to print a boarding pass with an agent (still free at kiosk, though there are rumors that may eventually have a $1-$2 charge).
Spirit supposedly now charges $2 to print at the kiosk: https://www.spirit.com/OptionalServices ("Other" tab). I'm not sure when this started.

If anyone knows from experience that this charge doesn't actually exist, please let us know.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by boblothrope
Spirit supposedly now charges $2 to print at the kiosk: https://www.spirit.com/OptionalServices ("Other" tab). I'm not sure when this started.

If anyone knows from experience that this charge doesn't actually exist, please let us know.
I wonder how they will do that at kiosk that the airports run that let you print any airlines tickets
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:33 am
Original Poster

At Las Vegas today I printed my Spirit boarding pass from the shared kiosk at no charge. Not sure if a Spirit kiosk would have charges, or if because I checked in online that the kiosk worked. (I have a lot of problems with spirit mobile boarding passes...)

I swear this airline more than most lcc has a mean streak if you dont pay up.. on a nearly empty flight they wouldn't let us spread out till after take off, when there was plenty of time before push back. Same exact situation on frontier or allegiant after the gate agent calls over the fas let people move.

Just my own experience.. maybe just the luck of the draw on flight crews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.