Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

How to obtain Spirit Airline's Vouchers for Delayed Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

I had two delayed flights with Spirit last week (4 and 8 hours each). In both cases, the counter agent said we would all get $50 vouchers (for both flights). The counter agents did not provide certificate numbers, etc. Does anyone know how to obtain the flight vouchers? I've tried all of the phone numbers and options but none work. I'm sure Spirit does this to avoid giving away vouchers. Maybe it isn't even worth it???
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:31 am

The $50 vouchers do in fact kind of suck because you can't use them with any promotion or towards the first $40 of a RT ticket (their mandatory fees).

With that being said, call the main customer service line and talk to someone there. It'll likely be a big fight, but you should be able to get them eventually.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
I had a flight delayed three hours, wrote Spirit a two sentence e-mail stating my dissatisfaction and they responded saying there was already a $50 voucher attached to the reservation and provided me the information. Booked a flight at the airport (to save on the fees) and the agent actually found the voucher via the original reservation number to subtract the $50 from the fare.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by jdawg
I had a flight delayed three hours, wrote Spirit a two sentence e-mail stating my dissatisfaction and they responded saying there was already a $50 voucher attached to the reservation and provided me the information. Booked a flight at the airport (to save on the fees) and the agent actually found the voucher via the original reservation number to subtract the $50 from the fare.
Wow. Now that is new info. Had no idea you could use the vouchers like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.