Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit @ MSP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Carnival Plat
Spirit @ MSP

Anyone have any idea why Spirit is moving from the smaller terminal (2) to the larger terminal (1) @ MSP? I always thought Delta was looking to push all the other airlines out of Term 1...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The move was today. Spirit now uses Lindberg rather than Humphrey at MSP. I don't know what concourse or gates they're using.

If you make a mistake and go to the wrong terminal, the light rail is free between the two terminals and should operate at 10-15 minute intervals during most of the day. Travel time is just a few minutes but it's a long walk between the light rail station and the check in and TSA security areas.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The move was today. Spirit now uses Lindberg rather than Humphrey at MSP. I don't know what concourse or gates they're using.

If you make a mistake and go to the wrong terminal, the light rail is free between the two terminals and should operate at 10-15 minute intervals during most of the day. Travel time is just a few minutes but it's a long walk between the light rail station and the check in and TSA security areas.
I think they will be at concourse E and I am not quite sure for what gates number is that.

PS: I found the gate number. The gate number is E4.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
E concourse handles a variety of airlines at MSP Terminal 1. When you enter the terminal, it's to the right. If someone is dropping you off at the airport, you want one of the first few entrance doors as the vehicle follows the departures signs and stays toward the curg on the right side of the traffic lanes.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:56 pm

Terminal 2 is already maxed out and was preventing Sun Country or Spirit from expanding flight schedules. They'll probably move back to Terminal 2 in a couple years once it's been expanded.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
I'm pretty sure the real reason is because DGS does Spirit in MSP. DGS is already based in T1 doing DLConnex handling.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:53 am

Spirit is the number two carrier at MSP, behind Delta and ahead of Sun Country.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Spirit is the number two carrier at MSP, behind Delta and ahead of Sun Country.
Curious, do you have a link for this? I'm not completely surprised, though it seems a bit high considering Sun Country has this as their home base and it seems like other airlines have more gates than Spirit.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by jebr
Curious, do you have a link for this? I'm not completely surprised, though it seems a bit high considering Sun Country has this as their home base and it seems like other airlines have more gates than Spirit.
It was mentioned in a Star Tribune article on the tentative agreement with the Sun Counrty pilots' union. This was probably around last weekend. No numbers or citations were given in the article, but I would assume that MAC is the source. Their website might give some numbers.

Also, I don't remember a statement of whether the ranking was based on numbers of passengers, numbers of inbound/outbound seats, numbers of flights, total fares paid, even numbers of employees, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.