FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other North and South American Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines-472/)
-   -   Aerolineas Argentinas - any recent experience? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines/1345631-aerolineas-argentinas-any-recent-experience.html)

steve42 May 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Aerolineas Argentinas - any recent experience?

I need to travel Buenos Aires to Sydney in January 2013 and they are by far the cheapest for Business Class but seem to have a terrible reputation for seats, food, service, the lot. Has anyone had a good experience with them recently?

clacko May 13, 2012 9:09 am

they were bad 10-15 years ago and have gone downhill since....

how much more does the 2nd lowest bidder cost?....

Ocn Vw 1K May 13, 2012 10:11 am

steve42, welcome to FlyerTalk! Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to our Other N. & S. American airlines forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

sdsearch May 13, 2012 10:53 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...m-economy.html

Rock Harders May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Aerolineas Argentinas is one of the world's worst airlines and is to be avoided at all costs, especially on a long haul. Their business class product is outdated by at least twenty years. They are notorious for work stoppages, mechanical delays, and hemorrhaging money. LAN, on the other hand, is a well run operation that has an extensive intra-Argentina network (though not as extensive as Aerolineas Argentinas). If you are based in and or will be traveling extensively to/from EZE OneWorld is your best bet with AA, IB, and LAN all have many daily flights.

benthelefty May 15, 2012 5:49 am

I flew on them back in October 2009 and they were fine. It was just a 4 hour flight, but everything was on time, the bags came out quickly after the flight, and I didn't have any problems. Granted, had it been a longer flight or something things could have been worse...

ByrdluvsAWACO May 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Based on some of the horrors I have read, I would also second Rock's comments. I'm not sure of the price and your budget, but I would look at EZE-SCL-SYD on LAN and Qantas.

sr_tipitinas Aug 2, 2012 1:10 pm

EZE to Bahia Blance or Trelew

Has anyone had any experiences flying intra country from AEP? I'm wondering about on time performance from AEP.

Eastbay1K Aug 3, 2012 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas (Post 19048232)
Has anyone had any experiences flying intra country from AEP? I'm wondering about on time performance from AEP.

http://www.aa2000.com.ar/

You can always go here and look up AEP and see the daily disaster board.

sr_tipitinas Aug 3, 2012 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 19056395)
http://www.aa2000.com.ar/

You can always go here and look up AEP and see the daily disaster board.

Thanks and it is a disaster!

Phlee Aug 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi there,

I haven't been able to find the redemption rates for Aerolineas SkyTeam awards (only for some of the airlines).
Does anyone know if they are already available?

Thanks
ph

zigenbock Dec 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Worst airline I have in all my years of flying. Just flew Mia-Eze in club condor. What a joke!!!
1. Flight departed almost 6 hours late.
2. Seats in club condor on the A340-300 that we were on, were older than Noah.... Material all torn and warn.
3. The IFE screen that I took out of the seat to watch, was covered in food - I promptly replaced it and didn't touch it again.
4. Food was very average and not very hot.
5. After the lunch service, the flight attendants disappeared for the next 7 hours. No water or drinks were offered during this time - although I guess you could try to find a FA and get one.
6. Flight attendants we're very unhelpful and looked very unhappy.
7. SAFETY concern - bags from other passengers were left at their feet during take off and landing, as was a 2 year old child sitting on the floor at his parents feet!!
The old saying holds true - you get what you pay for. I should have known that this business class ticket was too good to be true.
AVOID Aerolineas Argentina if at all possible.

bkkth Dec 29, 2013 9:28 pm

I recently flew AeroMexico from EZE to MEX. Airline uses Aerolineas lounge at EZE. Full of families with noisey children, poor food and drink selection. Story in the local paper saying how pround Aerolineas was that it was now flying from EZE to JFK. Of course that night the flight was to depart EZE an hour late. The airline is really a joke, as is the whole of the Argentine govt.

LAX888 Jan 9, 2014 8:17 pm

Does anyone know what to expect for a flight from GIG-AEP on AR in Y? I know delays are common and cancellations apparently too. Is that more the case though for domestic flights or are international flights equally affected?
Besides that how is the on board service (food, service etc.) on the 737-700 and how is ground handling?

Unfortunately TAM had no more seats and EK leaves too late from GIG so I am stuck on AR.

I guess arriving at AEP is a plus though considering how close the airport is to town. Therefore even with a 1h delay it is probably still quicker than flying in to EZE.

SlyOne Jan 14, 2014 1:16 am

Originally Posted by steve42 (Post 18564628)
I need to travel Buenos Aires to Sydney in January 2013 and they are by far the cheapest for Business Class but seem to have a terrible reputation for seats, food, service, the lot. Has anyone had a good experience with them recently?

I travel 100,000 miles a year on this airline and have done for the last 8 years.
so I know what I am talking about....
Cheap..yes....
Comfort: Business class ..Is acceptable just..
Plane is old but reliable.
Route time about 15 hours to Australia and 13 1/2 hours return direct
Food Business class...Just Ok....1 x Supper 1 x Breakfast
Overall Rating about a 5 1/2 /10
Hope this helps
Sly