Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

New Spirit promotion should get under people's skin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

On the Spirit homepage, the current promotion is "Fly South for Valentine's Day". It shows a silhouette of a bikini-clad woman with the letters "VD" (for Valentine's Day) strategically placed over a certain umm, *area*.

Nothing screams "romance" like Venereal Disease!

I'm sure some people will be offended, but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. Hopefully Bill O'Reilly will be incensed enough to give the airline some free publicity...^
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver; Hilton Silver
And I thought it was bad taste when I saw an email message from Spirit with a subject that said, "Go South for VD"

So despicable that it actually worked...here I am talking about it online and posting on my social network page. Sheesh...
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: FREE SPIRIT, WORLDPERKS, SKYMILES
There was also the "BIG PACKAGE" sale right after the VD one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.