Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

New Spirit Airlines planes have seats that don't recline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:27 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/2...anes-have.html

Spirit's two new Airbus 320 aircraft feature "pre-reclined'' seats, spokeswoman Misty Pinson said Tuesday...Airbus 320s hold a maximum of 180 seats...Spirit's A-320 planes feature 178 seats, including 174 "deluxe leather seats'' and four "big front seats.'' Deluxe leather seats are about 17 ½ inches wide and have a 28-inch pitch
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
I saw this on the local news today and the anchorwomen were just trashing this idea.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Obama has an education program called Race to the Top and Spirit must have a program called Race to the Bottom LOL.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
The world's largest international airline, RyanAir, has seats that don't recline. Spirit is probably 1/100th the size of RyanAir. This isn't news.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
You mean maybe the airlines will charge for seats that recline. So you will get a choice, reclining or non reclining seats.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Im predicting ---- trey tables next...

its actually not a bad idea... their cabin is cramped as it is... at least you wont have someones chair in your lap...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by holbiho
Im predicting ---- trey tables next...

its actually not a bad idea... their cabin is cramped as it is... at least you wont have someones chair in your lap...
RyanAir didn't have tray tables either until they started selling food and drink onboard. They also don't have magazine pouches or safety briefing cards. The safety instructions are printed on the plastic seatback in front of your face and they pass out and collect their in-flight magazines during the flight. The flight attendants also sell lottery tickets, bus tickets, duty-free, phone cards, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Basically they are on the PA for most of the flight selling something; with multiple languages, it takes up most of the flight for them to get through everything.

Despite all of this, it is a very successful airline.

So I guess what I'm saying is that Spirit has a way to go before they get to that level.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by malcolmkettering
The world's largest international airline, RyanAir, has seats that don't recline. Spirit is probably 1/100th the size of RyanAir. This isn't news.
Even RyanAir's seats have a 30" pitch, though, which is 2" more than the new Spirit seats.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by seattlebruce
Even RyanAir's seats have a 30" pitch, though, which is 2" more than the new Spirit seats.
wow, that's tight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.