Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aerolineas Argentinas Premium Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Aerolineas Argentinas Premium Economy?

So what's the service like on AR premium economy? i know we get priority boarding, priority check-in and double the baggage allowance plus a typical domestic J/F style seat. But what's the front-cabin service like now that its no longer considered J?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've only been on one Aerolineas Argentinas flight, which was an intra-Argentina flight (officially on the subsidiary airline), on an RJ, IGR-SLA (Iguazau Falls - Salta) nonstop. The service in the front (where I was only one of three passengers) was very good, but given the short flight it was of course limited (ie, it was a short-enough flight that there wouldn't have been a meal even if it had been real F/J).
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I've only been on one Aerolineas Argentinas flight, which was an intra-Argentina flight (officially on the subsidiary airline), on an RJ, IGR-SLA (Iguazau Falls - Salta) nonstop. The service in the front (where I was only one of three passengers) was very good, but given the short flight it was of course limited (ie, it was a short-enough flight that there wouldn't have been a meal even if it had been real F/J).
Thanks. Anyone have experience re meals/service on longer flights like FTE or USH?
Old May 1, 2012, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
Thanks. Anyone have experience re meals/service on longer flights like FTE or USH?
I flew 5 segments in Club Economy in February. AEP-FTE, FTE-USH, USH-AEP, AEP-IGR-AEP. On all segments, I got the same blue lunch box consisted of a sandwich, some packaged chocolate waffer, a pack of nut and some other snack. Longer flights were exactly the same box although it should be more substantive on the longer flights. If you'll PM me your e-mail address, I shall gladly send you a photo of the snack box and cabin. Regular economy got a different snack box.

For other than the MD80, the premium cabin was in good shape. Two of my flights were on the newer ex-Air Berlin B738. In flight service was okay. No, there was no priority check in, no priority boarding and no lounge, notwithstanding what they said in their web site.

The seat was the typical U.S. F/Canadian J and regional J in Asia. Better than inter-European J.

Make sure that AR has your mobile # and e-mail. I was flying USH-AEP with immediate connection to IGR. My flight was a little over an hour late causing a very tight connection at AEP. I duly received an e-mail advice and I asked the hotel to call AR reservation to check. They re-booked me on the next flight and everything was handled professionally. Shame to say that North American airlines should go to take a lesson from AR on IRROP.

Baggage was tagged with the yellow priority tag and it was hit and missed in coming out first.

Overall, I was impressed with the service of AR and shall fly them again if I visit Argentina in the future. I think the premium for flying Club Economy to be reasonable value.

Last edited by Clipper801; May 2, 2012 at 8:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.