Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian airlines - time to make a sub-forum perhaps?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G SN/LH, TK; EK Skywards G

quick glance: it seems that number of ET related treads is remarkably increasing (which perhaps reflects increase of its operations) - IMHO it's a good idea to create an ET dedicated sub-forum. No sure whom to address (moderators?).
Goaguy likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
+1 ^
They've clearly passed South African Airlines (and some other airlines that have a subforum here)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:03 pm

Despite the increasing number of discussions regarding ET, the number of threads that actually relate to ShebaMiles as opposed to generic travel info about ET flights is tiny. I'm not sure the need exists quite yet.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: ShebaMiles
I was just looking into this and would like to register my full support for making an ET/ShebaMiles subforum.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:01 am

I agree
Old May 28, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Despite the increasing number of discussions regarding ET, the number of threads that actually relate to ShebaMiles as opposed to generic travel info about ET flights is tiny. I'm not sure the need exists quite yet.
Absolutely. What useful purpose would be served by a forum dedicated to ShebaMiles?

The ET-related discussions in this thread seem to be variations on just a couple of well-worn themes focussed on seating, equipment changes and overnights in Addis. Most addressed with patience and authority by B747-437B ^

Not much at all about the FFP.
B747-437B likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Avis President's Club
I vote for a dedicated ET/ShebaMiles forum. ET is Africa's biggest and fastest growing airline, soon to add ORD on June 11 to its network (4th US gateway).
Perhaps the FPP-related posts may or would be light, but if SAA has its own forum (definitely more service-related posts vs Voyager FFP) then ET certainly merits a sub-forum!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
I agree!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I’m neutral as I’m happy to receive ET news and info while waiting for RJ ones
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Parterre
I was just looking into this and would like to register my full support for making an ET/ShebaMiles subforum.
I second the suggestion. On future trips to African countries ET will be my airline of choice as a partner with UA.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: ShebaMiles Blue, Skywards Blue
I agree that we need an ET sub-forum. ET is already the largest in Africa and is exponentially growing. The number of threads will only increase over time; it would be nice for all ET related threads to be in a specific subform
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ET359
I agree that we need an ET sub-forum. ET is already the largest in Africa and is exponentially growing. The number of threads will only increase over time; it would be nice for all ET related threads to be in a specific subform
Growth has been impressive, outstripping the airline's own 15-year plan: but it ain't "exponentially growing"

There's a procedure to follow for nominating a new thread. Go for it! But I can't see much interest in this thread beyond interminable discussions on seat selection and coping with ADD.
B747-437B likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I can't see much interest in this thread beyond interminable discussions on seat selection and coping with ADD.
We can probably summarise an entire ET forum with the following 5 points :

1) No, all 787s do not have flat bed seats.

2) Yes, a 20-minute connection in Addis is doable.

3) If you have an 8 hour layover, they will provide you with STPC hotel vouchers.

4) You can safely bid the minimum for PlusGrade upgrades and be successful.

5) "P" Class only earns miles with ET and CA's programs.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I would nominate @B747-437B to serve as the moderator should an ET sub-forum be deemed viable. ^
ET359 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
I would nominate @B747-437B to serve as the moderator should an ET sub-forum be deemed viable. ^
I second that
TTC192Rocket likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.