FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Angola Airlines (TAAG) How to book LAD - HAV? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1862454-angola-airlines-taag-how-book-lad-hav.html)

CantTurnRight Aug 22, 2017 4:33 am

Angola Airlines (TAAG) How to book LAD - HAV?

Angola Airlines flies a few times a week Luanda - Havana return, operating a 777-200/300 on a direct flight. It flies under flight number DT702 and DT703 on the return.

Its clear from Flightradar24 that it operates on schedule, but I can't find any way to book this flight. It doesn't show up on ITA Matrix, or any OTA, or on the airline's own site.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Anyone booked it before and flown the route? :confused:

Palal Aug 22, 2017 5:09 am

See this thread

CantTurnRight Aug 22, 2017 6:35 am

Thanks @Palal . Bizarre that it's only bookable in person. Its a very convenient route for Southern Africa to the Caribbean.

cargueiro Aug 25, 2017 7:32 am

I believe Taag has sales office at CPT.

The HAV route does not seem to be a top priority for Taag and connections from the rest of TAAG network are generally poor. TMS is the same. I believe both routes are not profitable but are needed politically. Hence why they are not so easy to buy as Taag tickets to LIS, GRU etc which are more lucrative.

johan rebel Aug 25, 2017 8:33 am

Originally Posted by cargueiro (Post 28734340)
I believe both routes are not profitable but are needed politically. Hence why they are not so easy to buy as Taag tickets to LIS, GRU etc which are more lucrative.

I'm not sure I see the logic in making it hard to buy tickets on routes that lose money. Not exactly the best way to increase revenue and load factor.

Johan

cargueiro Aug 28, 2017 3:57 am

Johan

Taag management have changed flight times on most routes to improve connectivity. You can now fly from. JNB/CPT/MPM to LAD and connect on to LIS/OPO/GRU/GIG relatively easily.

The same is not true of HAV and TMS. These destinations do not seem to have yet been tweaked to connect to other international routes.

Mind you a few years ago none of Taag's routes were really timed to connect.

Palal Aug 31, 2017 4:21 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 28734609)
I'm not sure I see the logic in making it hard to buy tickets on routes that lose money. Not exactly the best way to increase revenue and load factor.

Johan

You're asking for logic where there seems to be none :)

gkbiiii Aug 25, 2019 6:48 pm

So is it possible to book this route in 2019?

Hezu Aug 26, 2019 4:12 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii (Post 31456342)
So is it possible to book this route in 2019?

I obviously have no first hand experience, but if you search for LAD-HAV on TAAG website, it brings a list of travel agents selling these flights. All of these seem to be Angolan though.

gkbiiii Aug 26, 2019 10:25 pm

But oddly I could get a one-way First Class ticket South Africa to Brazil with them ($1,650 through online agency), odd.

Palal Aug 27, 2019 3:43 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii (Post 31460546)
But oddly I could get a one-way First Class ticket South Africa to Brazil with them ($1,650 through online agency), odd.

Don't expect a first-class experience.