Wiki Posts
Search

SAA Perth & BA CPT questions

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

SAA Perth & BA CPT questions

HI. Hope someone can shed some light...

I am flying from MEL - PER then onto JNB - CPT. Any idea which lounge is used by SAA in Perth and if I will be able to use a lounge on arrival in to JNB or even if there's a BA domestic lounge in JNB?

I'm QF gold on an award J tix from MEL and then a seperate BA (Comair) J tix to CPT.

Apparently the SAA aircraft has been changed to 340-600 which is great. The BA is a 737 which isn't...

Appreciate the info. I'm looking forward to flying SAA in J before, presumably, it dissapears from QF awards options if and when the QF/SAA code share gets axed.

I had a look on the SAA & BA websites but couldn't find much info.

Also, a friend is travelling with me (but not on QF code share tix) but seated seperately, anyone know if SAA be able to allocate seats next to me? Apparently the travel agent they booked with couldn't select the seat but on the QF site it's available... Guess they need to call SAA to sort it out.

Appreciate any comments or advice.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
In Perth SA uses the SQ Business Class Lounge. In JNB you'll probably won't have access to the SA lounges as your continuing flight is on BA (Comair) and you'll be going through immigration. It doesn't appear that J on a Domestic Comair flight gets you Lounge Access.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
In Johannesburg you can use the SAA arrivals lounge which is after immigration and Customs but before you go landside.

Flying BA J you will have access to the SLOW lounge

Both are very nice lounges
Old May 28, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ollieinmelbourne
HI. Hope someone can shed some light...

I am flying from MEL - PER then onto JNB - CPT. Any idea which lounge is used by SAA in Perth and if I will be able to use a lounge on arrival in to JNB or even if there's a BA domestic lounge in JNB?

I'm QF gold on an award J tix from MEL and then a seperate BA (Comair) J tix to CPT.

Apparently the SAA aircraft has been changed to 340-600 which is great. The BA is a 737 which isn't...

Appreciate the info. I'm looking forward to flying SAA in J before, presumably, it dissapears from QF awards options if and when the QF/SAA code share gets axed.

I had a look on the SAA & BA websites but couldn't find much info.

Also, a friend is travelling with me (but not on QF code share tix) but seated seperately, anyone know if SAA be able to allocate seats next to me? Apparently the travel agent they booked with couldn't select the seat but on the QF site it's available... Guess they need to call SAA to sort it out.

Appreciate any comments or advice.
If you are flying in business you have access to the SAA lounge on arrival in jnb. It is located after customs on the right, but before you exit through the sliding doors.

You can also use the BA lounge in jnb domestic. Not sure if they have shows but the SA arrivals lounge does. Though if u r on a QF ticket, not sure u can use it. Try your luck on arrival.

The SAA j seat is great and they now have mattress pads which make it comfortable. Service has always been very good.

If both of u r in j class, call SAA and ask them about the seat allocation. Should not be an issue.

Enjoy
Old May 29, 2012, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by armattheus
In Perth SA uses the SQ Business Class Lounge.
Is that a recent change? In January, we were sent to the Qantas lounge.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Found it somewhere on their website. But even with the J boarding pass one would have access to the SQ lounge.

Originally Posted by gcuk
Is that a recent change? In January, we were sent to the Qantas lounge.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
You can also use the BA lounge in jnb domestic. Not sure if they have shows
I can assure you that the SLOW lounge doesn't do shows, but they do have showers. They also offer massages.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.