Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Closes Manchester Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL/BMI/BA

Ryanair is to switch or close nine of the 10 routes it currently operates from Manchester Airport, blaming the airport's refusal to lower its charges.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8205445.stm
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:22 pm

You can always tell when a Ryanair jet lands - the whine doesn't stop when they turn the engines off
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: Various memberships
Maybe they should be renamed Cryanair.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
I wonder what O'Learys response would be if the situation was reversed and Manchester Airport demanded that Ryanair lowered its excessive charges it imposes on its passengers.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
So?

Is the public supposed to get up in arms and force the mean airport to lower fees so Ryanair can continue? Or is this just yet another stunt to get free publicity, and then a month from now they can get more publicity by showing how after they "had" to leave the market the fares suddenly went up on the other airlines.

I'm guessing they were losing too much money on these runs, as if it were just the fees that was causing the problem they would have just passed them along to the customer. But this drama is so much better, after all they were "forced" to lay off 600 people because of the overpriced fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.