Wiki Posts
Search

New TAP lounge at LIS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im in the lounge now and there are custard cakes.
but please tell me they are not the silly miniatures reported by CaptainMiles.

The pastry:filling ratio is all wrong on those mini versions
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:22 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
TP has a brand new space next to the current airport lounge in the upper floor, almost as big as that one (>900m2). They haven't made up their mind about what to do with it, though.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im in the lounge now and there are custard cakes.
A second confirmation that tarts are put out for consumption. But they are miniatures, strawberries for elephants, and disappear quickly. So timing is everything

It was my first visit, and at 6 a.m. I was maybe grumpy, and certainly befuddled by the mirrors/reflective surfaces - but given the space is shared by quite a number of carriers it didn't seem all that big.

For flights to ex-Schengen I think my strategy will continue to be getting through the passport thing and finding somewhere quiet to sit in the dead-ish area of the extension.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
TAP Lounge in LIS

I will be in Lisbon again next week, its been three months since I was there, have they finished with the renovations to the TAP lounge or are we still using the Airport lounge upstairs?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Still the same "new" crappy lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Is it me or has LIS turned into just about the worst airport in Europe.

I used to love it, as it was so easy to get about, now it's so much walking...
Poorly signposted, as well.

As a BA flyer, BA have Gate 47 which is the furthest possible walk, and it's the only gate BA has used in my experience.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I will be in Lisbon again next week, its been three months since I was there, have they finished with the renovations to the TAP lounge or are we still using the Airport lounge upstairs?
Still the ANA lounge. Not great but at least you can see the runway.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Good to know, now I can manage my expectations accordingly
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Cris L

I used to love it, as it was so easy to get about, now it's so much walking...
Poorly signposted, as well.

As a BA flyer, BA have Gate 47 which is the furthest possible walk, and it's the only gate BA has used in my experience.
This is so off-topic of the TP Lounge subject of this thread that perhaps it belongs elsewhere...

Not all LIS gates are far. LH often gets gate 15 or 16 and those are front and center. UA often gets gate 41, which is the first non-Schenghen gate and a very reasonable walk. Some gates are far, some are near. It seems that BA's choice of gate 47 is the problem here. Perhaps you should address this with BA.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Cris L
Worst in Europe? No.
There are many airports that involve lots of walking (e.g. LHR, MAD,...).

Worse than it was? Yes. Constant construction, long walks, no good lounges, much less compact than it once was.

ANA (the airports agency), run by the french company Vinci, has plans to add another satellite terminal to T1, by closing the shorter runway.

We'll see if that happens.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM

Just resurrecting since I went through this upstairs lounge in the morning on a weekday. I got in with my Star Gold status on a Basic economy ticket no problem. Even though the black fabric seats in some rows needed steam cleaning, I thought the food spread in the morning was very solid from cooked to uncooked food. Who can turn down some Portuguese custard tarts?

Definitely better than the contracted Madrid lounges that I couldn't get into flying TAP (cheap) on my way to Lisbon, but saw on the way out using my United ticket.

Last edited by CApreppie; Nov 25, 2019 at 9:17 am
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the new TAP lounge at LIS. But I think I'm pretty easy to please relative to some FTers.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bear96
I like the new TAP lounge at LIS. But I think I'm pretty easy to please relative to some FTers.
To be fair to the others, i think lounge-user perception depends very much of the timing of the visit. It's a relative small space, not so well laid out and it easily gets overwhelmed at peak times.

Last week it was just fine at 5am, even though the pasteis de nata hadn't yet checked in ..
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:52 am

Having visited both lounges in the last few days... the ANA lounge is larger, handles crowds better, and has a lot more comfortable chairs but other than the pasteis de nata the food borders on inedible. The TAP lounge has significantly better food and drinks (real vegetables! edible sandwiches! cheese!) but has kind of a poor layout and no nice chairs--you get either a restaurant-type chair at a table or the huge padded benches.

If you have access to both I'd go TAP if I were hungry, ANA if not. TAP's is the *G lounge and the ANA lounge is on Priority Pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.