Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

New transatlantic competition - 10 Euro flights on Ryanair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New transatlantic competition - 10 Euro flights on Ryanair

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:54 am

Since EI no longer flies here( LAX), I am quite interested to see what they come up with. Competition is a good thing. So I guess it will be Ontario, but Palmdale is also a possibility. A few buses to meet the plane out in Palmdale stopping off in Burbank and down to LA- typical Ryanair style
Apparently FR are talking with Sacramento about flying there in relation to N. Cal.
If they do launch this, they really need to get a little beyond being solely an Point to Point airline. They need to revise their model like SWA to allow for connections on other FR flights thereby opening up Mainland Europe
Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
It had to happen, eventually. Ryanair is to announce the start of Transatlantic services tomorrow, with fares as low as 10 Euro.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...breaking34.htm
Even if Ryanair were paying me 10EU (or the actual price of their ticket - which will certainly be much higher) I still wouldn't fly w/them.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 1:20 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by PhilWW262
Ryanairs Mr O'Leary has been the undoubted king of spin and illusion over here since ousting Mr Branson for the title a few years ago.

I'm sure the USA can't wait for the the only airline CEO in the world who knows what he's doing - his opinion - to arrive.

As some have said already - don't read the headlines, read the small print!

My Dear - I offer him to you unconditionally. What you did to deserve him is quite beyond me. Haven't you got enough problems of your own.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
My Dear - I offer him to you unconditionally. What you did to deserve him is quite beyond me. Haven't you got enough problems of your own.
Well, it being election season over here, he may have turned on the telly and seen how much baloney was being spewed by everyone involved and thought to himself "I'll fit right in!"
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:10 pm

One can see how many of our EXP's will flock to Ryan Air , what with the Bingo and the chance to save money on your utilities .
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Before everyone gets all excited, Mr. O'Leary came out today and said that Ryanair MIGHT start TATL flights (maybe through a subsidiary) in 12-18 month IF they can find the right planes cheap enough, IF.......

In other words, FR isn't doing squat for the forseeable future, they are just "looking into it"

Just another publicity stunt really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.