Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can I collect miles on Lauda Air Charter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2000, 9:12 am
Original Poster

I am just curious. Currently I am booked on NG charter flight to the Caribbean. Can I collect miles (bonus/status) on these charter ops. NG's website doesn't mention anything. Maybe they have a similar scheme as Condor.

Any help appreciated.

akayama
Old Sep 29, 2000, 3:20 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Ive never been on an NG Charter flight, but a South American partner of UA's MPlus (Lapa of Argentina) has a charter to the ski areas that I take often. Although the fine print says you are not entitled to mileage, I always present my UA card and Ive actually gotten miles for most all of those flights. My tip would be for you to get your FF number into the computer.... ask nicely a second time if an agent has doubts. Maybe it will go through....

Good luck & have a nice vacation !!!

------------------
Gaucho100K

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 09-29-2000).]
Old Sep 29, 2000, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Gaucho100K,

thanks - i'll give it a try and let you know if it worked out.

akayama
Old Sep 29, 2000, 7:45 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
yes - please post your experience here afterwards. Thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2000, 9:24 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Rudi-- have you taken any long-haul NG flights...? Im a great fan of them and wanted to know your opinion.

(sorry, this is off-topic)
Old Sep 29, 2000, 10:56 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
my first one will be in january-2001 going to the Australian (tennis) Open:
ZRH (OS) - VIE (NG) - MEL (via Kuala Lumpur and Sydney).

NG has the reputation (here in Switzerland) of having one of the best (if not the best) service (food, beverage, inflight-entertainement) in business class (Amadeus class).

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 09-29-2000).]
Old Sep 29, 2000, 8:29 pm

I agree with that reputation. They even have a Chef in Amadeus class that gives the meal the final touches. Canapes are part of the pre-meal drink service.... (Im sure u will like the service)

------------------
Gaucho100K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.