Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet - Overnight check in luggage at Gatwick

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba exec blue

My family (wife and I and two kids 3/5) are travelling in October on an Easyjet early morning flight (0555) and we're staying at the airport hotel. I've paid for two hold bags.

I can see that we can check in our luggage the night before after 2030, but on the Gatwick website it says all passengers must be present but it refers to easyjet website for more details.

Is it possible for me to turn up by myself and check in the luggage under my name without my wife and kids being present.

Reason I ask is that my:
  1. kids will be asleep by 1900 so won't be able to get them present
  2. given that the check in is now self service can I simply not check in the two hold luggage myself as we won't be checking in any other luggage?
Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If everybody is checked in online previously (with boarding passes printed), and the two hold bags are attached to your specific e-ticket, then you hopefully will be fine. Otherwise all passengers must be present.

I don't know specifically about Easyjet, but self-tagging luggage doesn't mean that no airline employees are involved in scanning, etc. It's a fairly obvious security risk...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by Papereyes
My family (wife and I and two kids 3/5) are travelling in October on an Easyjet early morning flight (0555) and we're staying at the airport hotel. I've paid for two hold bags.

I can see that we can check in our luggage the night before after 2030, but on the Gatwick website it says all passengers must be present but it refers to easyjet website for more details.

Is it possible for me to turn up by myself and check in the luggage under my name without my wife and kids being present.

Reason I ask is that my:
  1. kids will be asleep by 1900 so won't be able to get them present
  2. given that the check in is now self service can I simply not check in the two hold luggage myself as we won't be checking in any other luggage?
Thanks
All passengers on the PNR must be present for just two bags? That seems extreme. I could imagine not being allowed to check in bags for other people but if you paid for two bags, Id be suprised if they didnt let you check them in.
Anyway, no experience, just curious to hear the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.