Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet flight Gatwick to Munich 27 Mar dep 1335

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Dear Community

I have a one way ticket with Easyjet, that I might not need to use, because I already have a ticket with another airline, the airline is not willing to refund, only date changes.
MK.S

Last edited by beckoa; Mar 25, 2020 at 6:02 pm Reason: Removed content not permitted on FT
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk MK.S Please follow the redirect as we relocate your query.

Please note, we have edited your post to abide by the T&C's of Flyertalk.

I would keep an eye on flights, as if they are cancelled, you may be able to obtain a refund from your carrier. These are turbulent times.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by MK.S
Dear Community

I have a one way ticket with Easyjet, that I might not need to use, because I already have a ticket with another airline, the airline is not willing to refund, only date changes.
MK.S
That's what you agreed to when you booked it. If your travel is affected by the virus there is leniency being shown as regards Ts and Cs, but you don't give enough detail to know if this is the case.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MK.S
Dear Community

MK.S
Have you tried getting a refund on the other ticket instead?

And are either of these tickets refundable? If not - no refunds. However, exceptionally, most (all?) airlines are offering vouchers now, even for non-refundable bookings - so you don't instantly lose the value of the ticket, as would otherwise (in normal times) be the case.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC
I had several easyJet flights booked over the next 10 days.

Berlin to Oslo was cancelled 3 weeks ago and the refund arrived within 24 hours (there was an online option to claim refund)
Berlin to Belgrade was cancelled 10 days ago, refund yet to arrive (there was an online option to claim refund)
Edinburgh to Berlin was cancelled 2 days ago, no option given to refund, same with Crete to Gatwick.

For the three flights where I have not received a refund, I have opened a dispute with AMEX, and they have very quickly said they will refund on my next statement.

Go via your card company, you'll have a difficult time getting anything out of easyJet at the moment.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
To correct my earlier post in this location:

the flight was cancelled, and did not operate
Attached Images  
beckoa likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Mar 27, 2020 at 9:18 am
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It appears that Easyjet have removed the online option of applying for a refund. You can request a voucher online, but you need to call to get a refund
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA
Yep, EasyJet are making it as hard as possible to get a refund for cancelled flights. I've sent written requests for refunds, which they are ignoring. Looks like this could be a job for the credit card company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.