Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Can Ryanair taxi at full speed with everyone standing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can Ryanair taxi at full speed with everyone standing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:10 am

I find this experience to be fairly common throughout Europe.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
On a domestic trip in India from Delhi to Chennai, many of the passengers were up and opening the bins as soon as the wheels touched down. It was total chaos.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:13 am

Smile

Originally Posted by tvhead
On a domestic trip in India from Delhi to Chennai, many of the passengers were up and opening the bins as soon as the wheels touched down. It was total chaos.
Total chaos is an appropriate description for most of India, from my experience.
polinka, Franky16 and delpiero223 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Happens all the time in many places around the world. Not so much in the US or Europe.
polinka likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No such regulations but the insurance compaines might have a problem with it

I have been on flights where passengers jumped up and tried to get things out of the OH bin the moment the aircraft touched the runway.
I experienced that on a MIA-GIG
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
As an Irish airline, Irish law would apply

Although there are various EU aviation laws, this aspect would be devolved to individual member states
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium
As a person who currently lives in southern Italy, this passenger behavior on Ryanair is normal.

On other, more civilized airlines such as Lufthansa, passengers will be sternly commanded by the crew to sit back down.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my first ever LH flight a few years ago the last passenger boarded, door closed, engines started and we started to taxi with passengers still finding their seats and stowing their luggage. One of the FAs made the comment "Oh we are already moving!". I was impressed with the German's efficiency!!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:29 pm

I've been on Aeroflot back in the day with a group of basketball (?) players. They were standing, bent over the seatbacks, a few lying in the aisle on takeoff. No one batted an eye.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:36 pm

Here in Lebanon this is very common, and a manifestation of the local ‘me first’ culture. The speed brakes are still out and the aircraft is taking a high speed exit yet half the passengers are up and opening the overhead bins. On most decent Western airlines, they get yelled at quite firmly by the cabin crew. The funniest I ever encountered was on a Turkish Airlines flight where the crew yelled to little avail for the hordes to sit down and then the skipper came over the PA system to say the same thing. He added a firm shove on the brakes to make his point! They sat down.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:24 pm

Laws don't apply to me.

I used to live in India. It happens on every single flight, every time. Its always chaos and at first would make me chuckle but after a few months (we would travelled almost once a month), it grew very tiresome. Especially domestic flights because there are so many people who've never flown before. I have helped so many folks buckle their seatbelts because its something they've never had to do before! I've also seen people bust through the airline gate and down the gangway to the plane before they even announced boarding. I have no idea what that person did at the end of the ramp. The gate agents just shrugged their shoulders. I was flying with my brother in law and told him that there is always some shenanigans on the flights. As we are going down the runway for take off, some gentleman's phone rang. He unbuckled his seat belt, stood up, took the call while walking down the aisle. The flight attendants were shouting for him to sit down, he just put up his finger to shush them and continued to walk down the aisle while chatting on his phone for another few minutes. The look on my brother in law's face was priceless.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:49 pm

As my last Lufthansa flight was about to touch down in Paris a dimwit got out of his seat and started collecting his luggage (we were still a few seconds away from landing, in fact). The crew made one of those “All passengers must remain seated” announcements in English and German, and were ignored. Then one of the crew snapped a loud and authoritative “Asseyez-VOUS!l. He sat, looking startled.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:02 am

Don't think I'll ever understand the mindset of people who do this, what is the big hurry? Always enjoy a remote stand where those who rushed off the plane are standing sweltering in the bus waiting for everyone else to disembark and then find themselves last off the bus.
Koby, Matt4 and hotel_user like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: QF; AA;
Have seen those from mainland China do the same on an aircraft landing in Perth who jumped up to drag their bags down literally seconds before we touched down. Sharp words from the crew followed and they quickly dropped back into their seats.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by maestro1981
I admit, I fly multiple times every week and have never witnessed it before. Thus, it raised alarm bells for me. Thanks though for letting me know that it doesn't break any regulations.
First time in Italy I presume?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.