FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go-767/)
-   -   TAP - Receive an offer for changing your flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go/1956301-tap-receive-offer-changing-your-flight.html)

DiMAn0684 Feb 14, 2019 11:00 am

TAP - Receive an offer for changing your flight

My mother messaged me last night saying that she got an email from TAP offering 200 EUR voucher for taking her flight a day sooner. I've done some googling, but were not able to find anything. Has anyone gotten similar offers? Is that voucher cash or 200 EUR credit for future TAP flights? Do they tend to go higher as the flight date nears? (Ticket is currently for March 7).

Palal Feb 15, 2019 3:33 am

Chances are the flight is oversold and they're looking for volunteers who are flexible. This way they don't have to pay out compensation.

mmff Feb 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 30781317)
Chances are the flight is oversold and they're looking for volunteers who are flexible. This way they don't have to pay out compensation.

+1

Probably worth waiting for an opup or VDB compensation.

HaaZe Apr 19, 2019 1:20 am

In a different vein, I've just been notified that my LIS-OSL flight (as a part of YYZ-LIS// 2 day stopover // LIS-OSL, same ticket, J class) has been changed.

I booked TP764 (1325-1830) and instead have been offered TP762 (0700-1200) - date in question is 27 August.

First world problem, I know, but 7am flights during holiday times aren't my idea of fun. Any experiences with sourcing alternative flight times with TAP?

I am, however, pretty resigned to losing a morning in LIS and traipse to the airport... Thanks in advance for any insights you might have.

Tafflyer Apr 19, 2019 2:19 am

Originally Posted by HaaZe (Post 31016296)
In a different vein, I've just been notified that my LIS-OSL flight (as a part of YYZ-LIS// 2 day stopover // LIS-OSL, same ticket, J class) has been changed.

I booked TP764 (1325-1830) and instead have been offered TP762 (0700-1200) - date in question is 27 August.

First world problem, I know, but 7am flights during holiday times aren't my idea of fun. Any experiences with sourcing alternative flight times with TAP?

I am, however, pretty resigned to losing a morning in LIS and traipse to the airport... Thanks in advance for any insights you might have.

Looks like TP have cancelled the TP764 rotation that day. If 7:00am on August 27th is not convenient, TP764 is still flying on August 26th and 28th, so just call them to have it changed for free to one of those dates.

Trav1970 Apr 21, 2019 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by mmff (Post 30783867)
+1

Probably worth waiting for an opup or VDB compensation.

Not really. If the airline is proactive in this way, chances are that someone will accept the offer and take the 200 euros. Thus, no op-ups or denied boarding compensation is likely. IMHO this is exactly what airlines should be doing in situations like this.

bcnfish May 10, 2019 1:56 am

Just received a similar offer for an intra Europe flight in economy, they offered a 50 euro voucher. I was curious so checked expertflyer expecting the flight to be zeroed out but it's showing Y9 B9 M9 S0 H0....

Also interesting that they made the offer now given that the flight is still 5 weeks out.