Wiki Posts
Search

Reason for easyJet Delay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Reason for easyJet Delay

Is there a way to find out the reason for delay of an easyJet flight (02 Sep 2017)? It is for a work colleague of mine.

I have looked on ExpertFlyer, unfortunately you are only allowed to search 7 days in the past.

Last edited by pumatwin; Oct 9, 2017 at 6:59 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:11 am

If you specify the route and flight number, maybe someone will know, but without it it's hard to guess
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Flight Details.
Sat 02 2017
London Luton to Pisa (Tuscany)
EZY2303

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:11 am

Maybe I'm missing something, but it shows cancelled and not delayed?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

I have asked my colleague and she says the flight was diverted to Milan Malpensa. Trying to find out the reason for the diversion and if compensation can be claimed?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:58 am

Both FR24 and FlightAware shows it as cancelled, and that the aircraft that was slotted to operate it then operated a flight to ABZ instead, do you know if it was maybe renumbered?
Was there no explanation from the cockpit as to why the diversion happened?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

easyJet claims that weather conditions didn’t allow them to land in Pisa

But apparently what happened was – Pisa air control didn’t accept the flight for a while (not sure why) and told them to wait, but we couldn’t wait as there was not enough fuel. So diverted to MXP.

Ditto, thanks for all your help.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It would have been helpful to have had that information in the first place as, if true, it explains everything and ought to answer your friend's ultimate question.

Whether classified as a cancellation or a delay is irrelevant. All that matters is the length of the delay at the final ticketed destination, which we should presume is met, and whether the reason for the delay is an "extraordinary circumstance". Weather is the most common reason for ATC not accepting aircraft. Bottom line is that there comes a point at which holding aircraft makes no sense and since there is a maximum landing weight, if an aircraft is over-fueled on a short hop such as this, it would have to hold and burn off fuel for a lengthy period of time, if there were not weather / ATC delays.

As the latter would apply when local ATC will not accept an aircraft for arrival sequencing for a period long enough to cause a diversion, that seems to be a fairly clear extraordinary circumstance unless it's because U2 isn't paying its landing fees.

U2 would still have a duty of care so depending on the length of the delay and the time of day, that might include food vouchers, a hotel room and the like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.