Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair Saga Class Seats 2 C & D

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Icelandair Saga Class Seats 2 C & D

Looking at booking Icelandair from Denver to Europe in Saga Class. Have read mixed reviews about Seat 2 C & D which are bulkhead seats. Some say these are by far the best seats and there is a cut out in the bulk head to stretch your legs. I am tall and usually stay away from bulk head seats, but if there is a cut out in the bulk head these could be the best seats as you don't have someone reclining into your lap. Any advise or comments would be appreciated. Have looks at Seat Guru and it isn't clear on there. Thanks!!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by Kywhiskey
Looking at booking Icelandair from Denver to Europe in Saga Class. Have read mixed reviews about Seat 2 C & D which are bulkhead seats. Some say these are by far the best seats and there is a cut out in the bulk head to stretch your legs. I am tall and usually stay away from bulk head seats, but if there is a cut out in the bulk head these could be the best seats as you don't have someone reclining into your lap. Any advise or comments would be appreciated. Have looks at Seat Guru and it isn't clear on there. Thanks!!
I think it's a matter of personal preference. I once boarded an empty Saga Class cabin and was told by the flight attendants I could sit wherever I wanted and they told me the President of Iceland's favorite seats were 2 C & D. I however have personally avoided those seats. I Sensed I'd feel a bit claustrophobic staring at a floor to ceiling wall - especially in 2D. Also, your IFE monitor is not mounted in front of you but comes from under your seat - and must be stowed during take-off and landing. However, not having someone recline into you is a big advantage. I cannot comment on the cut out since I do not remember.

Also, it's worth noting that Icelandair is expanding so fast and brining in new (old!) 757s, that there's no guarantee that your flight will have their "standard" layout and seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.