Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair vs Norwegian - seats only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I was just looking on seat-guru and found something interesting.
Ryanair has a seat pitch of 30 inches or more.
Norwegian only 29.
But: How comes that Norwegian has 31 rows and Ryanair 33 (ok 32,5 rows because of the fist one)? Both found for 738.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Many thanks in advance
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:30 am

No Row 13 on Ryanair will contribute.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Norwegian has thicker chairs on most aircraft. Saves about 1 or 2 inch per chair (note that Norwegian now also switches to slimmer seats on some aircraft). Anyway, enough to loose half a row. I think Norwegian also has a bit more galley and that Ryanair starts a bit closer to the door. Saves maybe enough for another half a seat row.

Plus that I seriously doubt if Norwegian really has 29" only. I've flown (and still fly, especially Norwegian domestic) occasionally with them and I always have room for my legs. I once flew a KL 736 with 29" seat pitch and I really didn't fit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.