Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair bag drop at Stansted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How early (or rather how late ) before flight time should I plan at being at the airport if flying from STN with luggage with Ryanair?

I know the bag drop closes 40 mins before schedule departure time but what I wondered is what the queues typically are like (departure time is 1.45pm on a Thursday).

Do they use common baggage drop positions for all flights or are the counters specific to individual flights?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:26 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by NickB
How early (or rather how late ) before flight time should I plan at being at the airport if flying from STN with luggage with Ryanair?

I know the bag drop closes 40 mins before schedule departure time but what I wondered is what the queues typically are like (departure time is 1.45pm on a Thursday).

Do they use common baggage drop positions for all flights or are the counters specific to individual flights?
I'm not sure about STN but when I flew FR from DUB early one winter break weekend morning, the bag lines were very long. ~ 20 mins to drop. I'm glad I built in some extra time. That doesn't include the 2km+ walk to the FR gates at DUB no doubt prompted by MOL's ongoing war with Aer Rianta. Muahaha!

Be careful with this plan...you know very well that the Leprechaun King has no mercy on those who aren't standing with bags on the scale at T-42.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Last time that I checked in luggage from Stansted, it was an "late" flight (around 18:00) and there was maybe 20 minute queue for lugage drop off.
The drop off positions were commun, and there were quite a few that were open. There was a "fast" one on the right, where they only called the next flights (and maybe people that paid for priority drop off).
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. That is helpful. If the bag drop off positions at STN are common, then clearly I need to factor in extra time.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
A bit late to the party but note that Ruinair often (but not consistently) won't accept baggage any sooner than 2 hours before scheduled departure time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.