Wiki Posts
Search

Flybe - hold baggage question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Question Flybe - hold baggage question

My upcoming flight next week on Flybe has been booked thru an OTA in the USA.
Nowhere on the reservation is the fare class listed or that hold baggage is included or excluded.
When I pull up the reservation on Flybe, it provides me the option of adding hold baggage, but no facilities to pre-pay.
I've emailed them with all info regarding the booking and the same hold baggage question, but received no reply.

Will I have to face payment at the airport for the highly inflated baggage fees ?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:39 pm

What route are you flying on?

On routes operated by Flybe's own aircraft you pay for hold baggage. On routes operated by Loganair aircraft (such as MAN-NWI) you don't.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
What route are you flying on?

On routes operated by Flybe's own aircraft you pay for hold baggage. On routes operated by Loganair aircraft (such as MAN-NWI) you don't.
CDG-BHX
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:01 am

This should be one of their own flights.

If the flybe.com web site allows you to add baggage but doesn't try to charge you then it is likely that you on one of the bundled fares that include baggage, seat selection and one or two other things.

They're not very quick at responding to emails (their web site tells you how long you should allow - and from memory it's something like a month) so if you need an answer then I think the only way you're going to get it is by phoning them.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Make sure you get it booked online, I was at MAN a few weeks ago and they were charging a poor guy a small fortune to check his bag in. I felt sorry for him as he obviously didnt know the system and and they were being far from helpful towards him.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
so if you need an answer then I think the only way you're going to get it is by phoning them.
Yes indeed.
It took three calls over two days (8 hr time difference interfering with limited opening hrs), but finally a competent phone agent was able to detect that apparently my booking includes a 20kg bag in addition to a selected seat that she noticed and I was not aware of.

I hope it's all correct and I will not run into unpleasant surprises at check-in - as described above - and will have to pay the exorbitant fees at the airport.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mayodave
Make sure you get it booked online, I was at MAN a few weeks ago and they were charging a poor guy a small fortune to check his bag in. I felt sorry for him as he obviously didnt know the system and and they were being far from helpful towards him.
Thanks for your reply ^
I hope it will all work out this coming Thursday at CDG check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.