Search

Why not to fly Ryanair

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Why not to fly Ryanair

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...fit-quest.html
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
O'Leary is one scary guy!
I'll pass on his airline in favor of the Train, Bus or walking if I have to.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:59 am

The main reason not to fly Ryanair is to deny the most arrogant self publicist since Richard Branson* the satisfaction of sucking blood from you.

Honestly anyone who grants MO'L an interview should know that crap is going to spurt out just to get Ryanair headlines. If he thought that introducing lynchings on flights would make headlines then he would say just that
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:02 am
Suspended

I've flowen Ryanair many times because it's very cheap, but I must say it's the worst airline i've ever flown with...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by hoteleksperten
I've flowen Ryanair many times because it's very cheap, but I must say it's the worst airline i've ever flown with...
not nice to read this now when we r travelling on this next week.. price difference between this and the other lowest was more than 60% but this makes me scared..
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:17 am

Neither the 1-Euro toilets nor the standing passengers are going to happen, because they`d require expensive redesign and safety recertification.

Ryanair has an excellent record for getting you from A to B in good time. On the rare occasions when it goes bad, just make sure you have travel insurance. Tens of millions of people have benefited from being able to take cheap trips with Ryanair.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by WillTravel
Tens of millions of people have benefited from being able to take cheap trips with Ryanair.
And tens of millions of people in the First World have benefited from being able to buy cheap clothes produced in Third World sweatshops.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
not nice to read this now when we r travelling on this next week.. price difference between this and the other lowest was more than 60% but this makes me scared..
You know, I was like you. But, after flying Ryan Air twice in August, I thought it was a half decent airline. I meticulously made sure my carry-on was not over 10kg, but, you know, both times agent didn't even bother to weigh it. The ground and flight personnel were personable, actually friendly. Both flights were on-time. Had to wait an HOUR, going through check-in at the Rome airport (even though I had a boarding pass and no check-in bag because I am a non EU citizen). I wouldn't hesitate to fly Ryan Air again.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
And tens of millions of people in the First World have benefited from being able to buy cheap clothes produced in Third World sweatshops.
Hmmm, I wonder if Ryan Air employees are fairly compensated. Maybe not top tier but, I imagine it's not 3rd world wages--after all these employees live in Europe.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:22 am
Suspended

Don't be scared. You'll get your seat, fly on time, but it's uncomfortable and most of staff is not really nice. Nothing to be afraid about though.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tailgater
Hmmm, I wonder if Ryan Air employees are fairly compensated. Maybe not top tier but, I imagine it's not 3rd world wages--after all these employees live in Europe.
See the documentary Why Hate Ryanair on youtube, they are VERY poorly paid.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:54 am

Ryanair is well-known for treating people badly - both its customers and its staff. You can pay people a living wage but still treat them badly... and from all I heard that's what Ryanair does, and that's why I won't fly with them any more than I will (knowingly) buy clothes that were made in a sweatshop.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
You know, I was like you. But, after flying Ryan Air twice in August, I thought it was a half decent airline. I meticulously made sure my carry-on was not over 10kg, but, you know, both times agent didn't even bother to weigh it. The ground and flight personnel were personable, actually friendly. Both flights were on-time. Had to wait an HOUR, going through check-in at the Rome airport (even though I had a boarding pass and no check-in bag because I am a non EU citizen). I wouldn't hesitate to fly Ryan Air again.
Don't be scared. You'll get your seat, fly on time, but it's uncomfortable and most of staff is not really nice. Nothing to be afraid about though.
Nice to read the above.. We are also Non EU citizens and I have bought one checked in bag just for safety as mine was bordering on the margin of 10kgs so will check it in..

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
Ryanair is well-known for treating people badly - both its customers and its staff. You can pay people a living wage but still treat them badly..
See the documentary Why Hate Ryanair on youtube, they are VERY poorly paid.
I believe this is irrelevant ..No one is forcing anyone to work for them and they may not be paid the top wages but certainly well above the average wage for the country..and how do we know with certainty who is well paid and if that is enough for them BA was supposed to be great but we hv seen their employees go on strike and similarly for LH..
I personally would not hesitate to fly any airline just because their employees say their want more salary or are under paid ( which employee doesnt want more ).. ans Ryan air being a EU employer am sure the wages are way above the emerging countries..
Old Sep 3, 2010, 1:37 pm

I believe this is irrelevant ..No one is forcing anyone to work for them and they may not be paid the top wages but certainly well above the average wage for the country..and how do we know with certainty who is well paid and if that is enough for them BA was supposed to be great but we hv seen their employees go on strike and similarly for LH..
I personally would not hesitate to fly any airline just because their employees say their want more salary or are under paid ( which employee doesnt want more ).. ans Ryan air being a EU employer am sure the wages are way above the emerging countries..
Treating people well (or badly) is not just about money....
Old Sep 3, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AGR
What's shocking is that Ryanair is still getting free publicity from this 18-month-old attention-getting gimmick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.