Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Not my fault I missed my csa czech air flight - any chance of rebooking fee waived?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not my fault I missed my csa czech air flight - any chance of rebooking fee waived?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze

I missed my European flight on csa Czech Airlines because of the Prague airport bus being delayed. I was scheduled to arrive at the airport one hour before the check-in deadline but because of giant traffic jams I missed my flight. From the bus I did call the booking centre to advise of my delay and the agent said if I missed my flight I would simply be rebooked. Once I arrived at the airport the airport ticket office agent insisted that to get rebooked on the next available flight the rebooking would be subject to the usual procedures, i.e. change fee and difference in booking class. I ended up paying more than 300 Euros for the change. I pleaded with them to exempt me from the rebooking fee as the late arrival at the airport clearly wasn't my fault but the ticketing agent would not enter into any discussion. My question to you guys: is it worth for me to write to csa's head office and politely ask for a refund of the rebooking fee of 175 Euros, or is this a complete waste of time? Thanks, ps
Old May 24, 2010, 6:24 am

I'm aware that North American carriers tend to let you rebook free of charge if you missed your flight for reasons outside your control (I've seen this referred to as the "burst tire" principle here on FT). However, the view in Europe tends to be that it's your responsibility to get to the airport on time, and that you should have insurance that will cover missed departures (mine does).

So... while there is no reason why you can't try (it doesn't take much to write a letter) I don't think your chances of success are going to be all that high.
Old May 24, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I agree with Aviatrix. Check if your insurance pays anything. CSA did not do anything wrong as far as I can see here so anything you get from them will be goodwill. If there was such a traffic jam then more passengers would have been delayed to the airport and many airlines would then issue a general waiver allowing them to change free of charge.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I agree to all the others. It is your responsibility to be at the airport in time and you did not make it for what reason ever. The airline has every right in the world to charge you; however, writing a nice and polite letter does not hurt and it can only get better for you.
Old May 31, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
I'm aware that North American carriers tend to let you rebook free of charge if you missed your flight for reasons outside your control (I've seen this referred to as the "burst tire" principle here on FT). However, the view in Europe tends to be that it's your responsibility to get to the airport on time, and that you should have insurance that will cover missed departures (mine does).

So... while there is no reason why you can't try (it doesn't take much to write a letter) I don't think your chances of success are going to be all that high.
I agree. You are not covered for such events by airlines.
They rebook you for free if the bus is sold connected with the flight...and this is the case, for eg, for Malev which sell bus connections.
But this is not true for CSA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.