Wiki Posts
Search

Easyjet vs. Ryanair?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Easyjet vs. Ryanair?

The have about the same rates for the routes i'm taking in europe... which one is the best airline?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
1) Easyjet
2) Easyjet
3) Easyjet
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold & bunch of mainly useless other bits of plastic
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
1) Easyjet
2) Easyjet
3) Easyjet
+1

To Ryanair you are simply a mobile carrier for your debit/credit card. Easyjet ain't perfect by a long way but do acknowledge your status as human.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:51 pm

It's a no-brainer. Easyjet everytime.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:56 pm

Unless you are getting a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good price on Ryanair - and that is the final price you pay rather than the headline price - and you've read and REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY understood the rules that Ryanair run by then Easyjet is the best option
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
EasyJet. If the fares are about the same, save yourself the hassle RyanAir can give you.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 2P,PC Rewards
EasyJet is better
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Another vote for EZY here. They really are rather good these days, indeed I would choose them over BA etc any day.

Ryanair are fine IF you get a penny special AND are very careful to ensure you know the rules and don't get ripped off. But if the fare is the same or even on a vaguely similar magnitude, I'd go "orange" any day.

Neil
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Cavman
+1

To Ryanair you are simply a mobile carrier for your debit/credit card. Easyjet ain't perfect by a long way but do acknowledge your status as human.
+1
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, AGR, Choice Gold, CitiPrestige, TYP
Easyjet. They at least apologized to me once (via Twitter) for one of their errors and pledged to look into it. I wasn't too thrilled with Ryanair's set up on one of the flights I took with them.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sound great guys, thanks to all!

Are they as good as airlines like United, US Airways, American Airlines, SAS, BMI and so?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by nalle

Are they as good as airlines like United, US Airways, American Airlines, SAS, BMI and so?
Think southwestern like. Except slightly better imo.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by nalle

Easyjet has no assigned seating. You can purchase "Fast Boarding" for a fee which allows you to be in the first group to board. If you are bussed to your plane, it is not worth it.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
I consider EasyJet a LCC and Ryanair an Ultra LCC. Usually, Ryanair is cheaper than Easyjet on similar routes, so if you are comparing them on a route that has the same price in both carriers, I would go for Easyjet first.

It is simple, Easyjet first if fare is the same.
Ryanair always when cheaper than Easyjet and Easyjet first if cheaper than Ryanair. So all in all, Ryanair is usually the cheapest option on a city pair covered by other airlines and LCC s, but sometimes fares work in different ways, and for those times, grab the other airline.

I usually fly Ryanair, as I buy my tickets with them with lots of time before departure and pay close to nothing or few Euros, but when having to fly on short notice, I usually go for the other airlines, as price difference is sometimes similar or marginal vs Ryanair.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by ctkathy
Easyjet has no assigned seating. You can purchase "Fast Boarding" for a fee which allows you to be in the first group to board. If you are bussed to your plane, it is not worth it.
It can be, depending on the airport. Things like the dedicated checkin desk can be useful as well, where this is provided.

At Geneva, it is worth getting on the bus first. The way they do it is to board from the rear of the bus, then leave it via the front, allowing Speedy Boarding holders to get off first. Though they don't seem to use buses at Geneva too often.

Also worth knowing at Geneva is that you can use the Business Class line at security if you have speedy boarding! (It's noted on a bit of paper at the EZY checkin desks).

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.