Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair / Electron / Mastercard Prepay / Entropay / Credit Card Charges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 5:59 am
Original Poster

In common with many, I've had a Virtual Entropay Visa Electron card. This meant that on my last Ryanair purchase (for example) I paid a £0.99 transaction charge to Entropay for my £20 purchase (4 sectors at £5 each) as opposed to Ryanair's £20 card charge for using any other form of payment.

Ryanair are discontinuing free processing for Electron cards at the end of this year, and instead will be allowed Mastercard prepaid cards to be processing free of charge. (This is all presumably to get round ASA rules.)

Entropay have emailed me saying they're offering one. Details here. It seems to be a physical card. It has an upfront fee of £4.99. The loading rate is 3.95% and they charge a dormant fee of £2.50 after 6 months inactivity and a close fee of £3.00 (which, from a very brief rootle around the T&Cs only applies if closure is within 12 months of opening). All other fees, as far as I can see, are avoidable.

Have I missed anything, are there any better offers?

Last edited by Wingnut; Dec 8, 2009 at 6:12 am
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
There's been a bit of dicussion in this thread and over on Money Saving Expert, and on the face of it, yes there likely are better cards, but I haven't followed it closely enough to be able to say what or which!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.