Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo online or in person check in at BOS questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Alamo online or in person check in at BOS questions

I'm renting at Alamo at BOS and just got their confirmation email. If I don't check in online, will I still be able to pick my own car? My confirmation email states this about not checking in online:

Upon arrival to the Alamo location proceed to the counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys. Exit baggage claim and proceed to the Shuttle Bus pick-up area.

Please proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys.
My hesitance about checking in online is that they obviously need my driver's license number. I'm hesitant about inputing that info online given data security.

Yet if I can't select my own car, then I might just do it. So is picking your own car reserved only for those who check in online at BOS? Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Analise
I'm renting at Alamo at BOS and just got their confirmation email. If I don't check in online, will I still be able to pick my own car? My confirmation email states this about not checking in online:

My hesitance about checking in online is that they obviously need my driver's license number. I'm hesitant about inputing that info online given data security.

Yet if I can't select my own car, then I might just do it. So is picking your own car reserved only for those who check in online at BOS? Thanks.
I just checked--https://www.alamo.com is encrypted using 256-bit AES. Absolutely no concern over data security there (it would take a combination of every computer on the planet attempting to crack the key 77,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years to actually unlock your data).
Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
I just checked--https://www.alamo.com is encrypted using 256-bit AES. Absolutely no concern over data security there (it would take a combination of every computer on the planet attempting to crack the key 77,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years to actually unlock your data).
Thank you; that's good to know. I didn't realize how few people rent from Alamo at BOS since you are the first to respond in almost a week.

I would also like to know if I can still pick my car if I decide to check in at the counter at BOS. Anyone?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:22 pm

Yes, you can select any vehicle in that class of cars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.