Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirAsia from Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
AirAsia from Bangkok

I will be traveling to Thailand in February for my 43rd birthday. I am planning on flying from BangKok to Phuket. I saw a website for an airline called AirAsia that is reasonably a cheap way to fly.

Has anyone heard or taken AirAsia before? They seem to be a "southwest" of asia but more services are being offered for such an incredible price.

Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
I flew them last month SiemReap-Kuala Lumpur. New aircraft , quick boarding , free seating . On the plane you pay for everything , it is a low cost airline . Beware with your luggage , you get 15 kg free , every kg extra is costing you money.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by SDCA
I will be traveling to Thailand in February for my 43rd birthday. I am planning on flying from BangKok to Phuket. I saw a website for an airline called AirAsia that is reasonably a cheap way to fly.

Has anyone heard or taken AirAsia before? They seem to be a "southwest" of asia but more services are being offered for such an incredible price.

Thanks.
We have taken Air Asia many times, and have always found them to be efficient, friendly, and safe. The airline is now expanding and even flies from Kuala Lumpur to London on Airbus A330 aircraft. It is a low cost carrier so don't expect many frills. It's worth paying for the "express boarding" if it's important for you to sit together or near the front of the plane.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
I've taken Air Asia, Nok Air, Bangkok Air as well as One-Two-Go
Air Asia is fine. Actually, Air Asia, Nok and Bangkok Air are all fine with a notable exception of One-Two-Go (bad safety record).
Old Dec 31, 2008, 6:23 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Air Asia is fine but if Nok Air is in the same ballpark price wise or only a little more, I think Nok Air is a better choice for a LCC in Thailand.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
We have taken Air Asia many times, and have always found them to be efficient, friendly, and safe. The airline is now expanding and even flies from Kuala Lumpur to London on Airbus A330 aircraft. It is a low cost carrier so don't expect many frills. It's worth paying for the "express boarding" if it's important for you to sit together or near the front of the plane.
Er, no they don't. The only A330 aircraft flies to Gold coast in Australia. London Stansted service will start in early 2009 with a leased A340-300 aircraft.

I have flown Air Asia many times. They're Asia's version of Ryanair - only better in service.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: VN SkyTeam Platinum/Elite Plus; TK M&S *G; CX OW
Air Asia/Thai Air Asia

If you're flying between Bangkok and Phuket you'll almost certainly be on Thai AirAsia (FD) instead of "real" (Malaysia) Air Asia (AK). AK has a consistently good product and now flies new A320s. FD's service can be patchy but is improving as they phase out their 737-300s and replace them with new A320s. Either way, they're a good choice for short haul travel in the region.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.