FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Malindo Air (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1970111-malindo-air.html)

Roderik85 May 17, 2019 6:06 am

Malindo Air

Hi all,

I have a question for the route Kuala Lumpur to Perth. How is Malindo Air in business class? What service and meals can I expect on this flight? I doubt between economy class with Malaysian Airlines or the flight with Malindo Air in business class. I hope you can answer my questions.

YVR Cockroach May 17, 2019 9:47 am

Very comfortable seats, at least for daytime flights such as KUL-HKG/DMK (flew r/t to DMK couple of weeks ago). Think old regional/domestic BC. Pneumatic(?) lever-adjusted recline, leg rest/extension + lumbar. In-seat IFE. 40Kg allowance too. Lounge access or F/B credit at KUL, lounge access at DMK. Access to BC/FC immigration (in and out) and KUL too which may be handy at times (wasn't tht much of a benefit when we travelled).

You get a hot meal (choice of 2-3 mains) with salad and dessert, Alcohol on request but I strongly advice staying away from the wine (awful).

Had some minor delays before but these pair of flights were punctual.

Roderik85 May 20, 2019 12:23 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post 31111420)
Very comfortable seats, at least for daytime flights such as KUL-HKG/DMK (flew r/t to DMK couple of weeks ago). Think old regional/domestic BC. Pneumatic(?) lever-adjusted recline, leg rest/extension + lumbar. In-seat IFE. 40Kg allowance too. Lounge access or F/B credit at KUL, lounge access at DMK. Access to BC/FC immigration (in and out) and KUL too which may be handy at times (wasn't tht much of a benefit when we travelled).

You get a hot meal (choice of 2-3 mains) with salad and dessert, Alcohol on request but I strongly advice staying away from the wine (awful).

Had some minor delays before but these pair of flights were punctual.

Thanks. And if you compare the business class of Malindo to the economy class of Malaysia Airlines, you will prefer Malindo Air? Any more information about the flight to Perth? Is there one meal served?

dici May 20, 2019 8:00 am

I believe there will be one meal served. Not sure if there will be any snack. My wife took Malindo biz to Kathmandhu before, so far she didn't have any bad comment, so I believe in overall it is a quite good product.

Or else you could check on MH biz class since currently they have some discount on certain date, if you would not mind to pay additional 100USD for round trip

YVR Cockroach May 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Roderik85 (Post 31118626)
Thanks. And if you compare the business class of Malindo to the economy class of Malaysia Airlines, you will prefer Malindo Air? Any more information about the flight to Perth? Is there one meal served?

Seat comfort: no comparison to MH Y. Malindo BC is a very good regional BC seat (better than U.S. domestic FC, or old Australia BC). Not to mention personal IFE. Paid well under MYR 800 for KUL-DMK r/t. Can't even fly Y for that money, and a shorter distance, where I am. Haven't been in MH C for decades.

I did fly MH Y and OD Y in the same time frame a few years back (KUL-BKK, and DMK-KUL). Was comparable though OD food had deteriorated slightly (a pizza, which seemed to elicit a ... - or at least "a what (again)?" response from the pax).

dici May 21, 2019 6:44 am

Just hijacking the thread, did OP or anyone getting their credit card/debit card decline when try to buy air ticket from Malindo directly? Over the past 2-3 years I never have any issue, some more did bought once more about 3 months back. Just now when I try to buy the air ticket, all my credit/debit card from different bank getting the decline message. Will try again tomorrow morning and see if it still give me the same error

Santander May 22, 2019 12:51 am

Originally Posted by dici (Post 31123109)
Just hijacking the thread, did OP or anyone getting their credit card/debit card decline when try to buy air ticket from Malindo directly? Over the past 2-3 years I never have any issue, some more did bought once more about 3 months back. Just now when I try to buy the air ticket, all my credit/debit card from different bank getting the decline message. Will try again tomorrow morning and see if it still give me the same error

Yes, I tried to book an OD flight a couple weeks ago and none of my credit/debit cards would work on the Malindo site. I bought on Trip.com instead.

1kBill May 23, 2019 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Santander (Post 31126421)
Yes, I tried to book an OD flight a couple weeks ago and none of my credit/debit cards would work on the Malindo site. I bought on Trip.com instead.

Same here. I even called the bank to see if they were causing the rejection, but they said nothing was showing on their end. Tried Orbitz, Expedia and finally Travelocity who was able to hack the fare I was after by booking me on two one-way flights. My flights are in mid-June, so I will ask the check-in staff if they know of any problems using a USA based CC - if I remember.

dici May 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Mine is Singapore CC and Debit, so i doubt it is due to USA CC issue...

shuigao Jun 9, 2019 5:22 am

Originally Posted by dici (Post 31132617)
Mine is Singapore CC and Debit, so i doubt it is due to USA CC issue...

Did you eventually get it fixed? I am in the same boat as you - based in SG, have bought Malindo flights in the past, but since the last week I have been getting nothing but "Sorry, Unable to process your booking since your card has been declined." for all my credit cards.

dici Jun 11, 2019 2:10 am

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 31184787)
Did you eventually get it fixed? I am in the same boat as you - based in SG, have bought Malindo flights in the past, but since the last week I have been getting nothing but "Sorry, Unable to process your booking since your card has been declined." for all my credit cards.

Nope I gave up....