Malindo Air

Reply

Old May 17, 19, 6:06 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 50
Question Malindo Air

Hi all,

I have a question for the route Kuala Lumpur to Perth. How is Malindo Air in business class? What service and meals can I expect on this flight? I doubt between economy class with Malaysian Airlines or the flight with Malindo Air in business class. I hope you can answer my questions.
Roderik85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 19, 9:47 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Programs: statusless these days
Posts: 19,273
Very comfortable seats, at least for daytime flights such as KUL-HKG/DMK (flew r/t to DMK couple of weeks ago). Think old regional/domestic BC. Pneumatic(?) lever-adjusted recline, leg rest/extension + lumbar. In-seat IFE. 40Kg allowance too. Lounge access or F/B credit at KUL, lounge access at DMK. Access to BC/FC immigration (in and out) and KUL too which may be handy at times (wasn't tht much of a benefit when we travelled).

You get a hot meal (choice of 2-3 mains) with salad and dessert, Alcohol on request but I strongly advice staying away from the wine (awful).

Had some minor delays before but these pair of flights were punctual.
YVR Cockroach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 19, 12:23 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
Very comfortable seats, at least for daytime flights such as KUL-HKG/DMK (flew r/t to DMK couple of weeks ago). Think old regional/domestic BC. Pneumatic(?) lever-adjusted recline, leg rest/extension + lumbar. In-seat IFE. 40Kg allowance too. Lounge access or F/B credit at KUL, lounge access at DMK. Access to BC/FC immigration (in and out) and KUL too which may be handy at times (wasn't tht much of a benefit when we travelled).

You get a hot meal (choice of 2-3 mains) with salad and dessert, Alcohol on request but I strongly advice staying away from the wine (awful).

Had some minor delays before but these pair of flights were punctual.
Thanks. And if you compare the business class of Malindo to the economy class of Malaysia Airlines, you will prefer Malindo Air? Any more information about the flight to Perth? Is there one meal served?
Roderik85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 19, 8:00 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Enrich
Posts: 154
I believe there will be one meal served. Not sure if there will be any snack. My wife took Malindo biz to Kathmandhu before, so far she didn't have any bad comment, so I believe in overall it is a quite good product.

Or else you could check on MH biz class since currently they have some discount on certain date, if you would not mind to pay additional 100USD for round trip
dici is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 19, 1:29 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Programs: statusless these days
Posts: 19,273
Originally Posted by Roderik85 View Post
Thanks. And if you compare the business class of Malindo to the economy class of Malaysia Airlines, you will prefer Malindo Air? Any more information about the flight to Perth? Is there one meal served?
Seat comfort: no comparison to MH Y. Malindo BC is a very good regional BC seat (better than U.S. domestic FC, or old Australia BC). Not to mention personal IFE. Paid well under MYR 800 for KUL-DMK r/t. Can't even fly Y for that money, and a shorter distance, where I am. Haven't been in MH C for decades.

I did fly MH Y and OD Y in the same time frame a few years back (KUL-BKK, and DMK-KUL). Was comparable though OD food had deteriorated slightly (a pizza, which seemed to elicit a ... - or at least "a what (again)?" response from the pax).
YVR Cockroach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 6:44 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Enrich
Posts: 154
Just hijacking the thread, did OP or anyone getting their credit card/debit card decline when try to buy air ticket from Malindo directly? Over the past 2-3 years I never have any issue, some more did bought once more about 3 months back. Just now when I try to buy the air ticket, all my credit/debit card from different bank getting the decline message. Will try again tomorrow morning and see if it still give me the same error
dici is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 19, 12:51 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YYZ/NYC
Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, MR Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La Jade, National EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,610
Originally Posted by dici View Post
Just hijacking the thread, did OP or anyone getting their credit card/debit card decline when try to buy air ticket from Malindo directly? Over the past 2-3 years I never have any issue, some more did bought once more about 3 months back. Just now when I try to buy the air ticket, all my credit/debit card from different bank getting the decline message. Will try again tomorrow morning and see if it still give me the same error
Yes, I tried to book an OD flight a couple weeks ago and none of my credit/debit cards would work on the Malindo site. I bought on Trip.com instead.
Santander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 19, 2:52 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ONT, LAX
Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Posts: 4,430
Originally Posted by Santander View Post
Yes, I tried to book an OD flight a couple weeks ago and none of my credit/debit cards would work on the Malindo site. I bought on Trip.com instead.
Same here. I even called the bank to see if they were causing the rejection, but they said nothing was showing on their end. Tried Orbitz, Expedia and finally Travelocity who was able to hack the fare I was after by booking me on two one-way flights. My flights are in mid-June, so I will ask the check-in staff if they know of any problems using a USA based CC - if I remember.
1kBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 19, 6:06 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Enrich
Posts: 154
Mine is Singapore CC and Debit, so i doubt it is due to USA CC issue...
dici is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 19, 5:22 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: KF Silver (lol)
Posts: 1,577
Originally Posted by dici View Post
Mine is Singapore CC and Debit, so i doubt it is due to USA CC issue...
Did you eventually get it fixed? I am in the same boat as you - based in SG, have bought Malindo flights in the past, but since the last week I have been getting nothing but "Sorry, Unable to process your booking since your card has been declined." for all my credit cards.
shuigao is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:10 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Enrich
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
Did you eventually get it fixed? I am in the same boat as you - based in SG, have bought Malindo flights in the past, but since the last week I have been getting nothing but "Sorry, Unable to process your booking since your card has been declined." for all my credit cards.
Nope I gave up....
dici is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread