Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda First Class Routes?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Sam Bee

Oh no, I know what this means
I wouldn't be surprised if the flight eventually gets cut. The r/t flights in F ex-LHR for under 3,000 USD right now are an absolute steal. I guess the party will have to end sometime.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
deleted

Last edited by SFO777; May 12, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Old May 15, 2017, 5:55 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I wonder what it is about the TYO-Indonesia market that warrants having one of the best cabins on those routes. It's only 7h flying time and the competition seems to be using business-class cabins only.

Can't complain; I'm flying GA F next week and glad I have something better than J to do it with.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:12 am
UMD

Originally Posted by helvetic
I wonder what it is about the TYO-Indonesia market that warrants having one of the best cabins on those routes. It's only 7h flying time and the competition seems to be using business-class cabins only.

Can't complain; I'm flying GA F next week and glad I have something better than J to do it with.
Well, up until March this year, JL also had F service between NRT and CGK. You will have a great flying experience with GA F, enjoy! 7 hours is definitely not long enough to enjoy its great service. Do report back on your experience if you don't mind.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:43 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by UMD
Well, up until March this year, JL also had F service between NRT and CGK. You will have a great flying experience with GA F, enjoy! 7 hours is definitely not long enough to enjoy its great service. Do report back on your experience if you don't mind.
Will do. So far I'm not impressed with the pre-flight service. I had a couple simple enough requests and none were honored. I responded asking for L pajamas but asking to have XL available too just in case the size doesn't fit—and they said no! What kind of airline doesn't have every option available onboard for its passengers? They also denied me the car service and another thing I asked for.

This is on a paid ticket, not on the 90% promo or an award!
Old May 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Can't find any Garuda F LHR-CGK any time after this summer.

Can anyone one confirm or deny the stories upthread that they are cutting the service, or at least in F?
Old May 26, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
Can't find any Garuda F LHR-CGK any time after this summer.

Can anyone one confirm or deny the stories upthread that they are cutting the service, or at least in F?
Anyone?
Old May 26, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
Anyone?
you can search it through their website but the flight frequency is limited (3x weekly)
Old May 28, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What kind of airline doesn't have every option available onboard for its passengers?
American Airlines. On my MIA-SCL they only had S/M available. Good luck trying to stuff an average American body into that
Old May 28, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Confirmed F Flight from LHR to SIN via CGK on June 18th.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Aergales
you can search it through their website but the flight frequency is limited (3x weekly)
Some super deals there. Thanks - I couldn't see them before.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:31 pm

Will do. So far I'm not impressed with the pre-flight service. I had a couple simple enough requests and none were honored. I responded asking for L pajamas but asking to have XL available too just in case the size doesn't fit—and they said no! What kind of airline doesn't have every option available onboard for its passengers? They also denied me the car service and another thing I asked for.

This is on a paid ticket, not on the 90% promo or an award!
WOW!! I got the Car service Hotel > CGK with the %90 promotion.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:23 am

Is NRT the only route on which they have F now?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:48 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by thexfactor
Is NRT the only route on which they have F now?
Now that CGK-LHR has been dropped it seems that CGK-HND will get First Class (https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rvice-changes/). Seems like the CGK First Class lounge and ground services will stay in action. DPS-NRT is the other route. But I get a First choice when trying dummy bookings at www.garuda-indonesia.com/id/en/index.page.

The two GA B777-300ER which have the First Class cabin are PK-GIF and PK-GIG. Use www.flightradar24.com to see where they are.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by siw
Now that CGK-LHR has been dropped it seems that CGK-HND will get First Class (https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rvice-changes/). Seems like the CGK First Class lounge and ground services will stay in action. DPS-NRT is the other route. But I get a First choice when trying dummy bookings at www.garuda-indonesia.com/id/en/index.page.

The two GA B777-300ER which have the First Class cabin are PK-GIF and PK-GIG. Use www.flightradar24.com to see where they are.
Very helpful.

I originally found it odd that PK-GIF has been flying to AMS and LHR (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/pk-gif) as recently as yesterday, but upon closer inspection, it seems the CGK<>HND route is only commencing F as of 10/29. Same seems to be true of PK-GIG, which flew to LHR as recently as 10/23.

I assume they're simply not selling the F cabin on those routes, probably because it's not consistent.

So boils down to CGK<>HND and DPS<>NRT.

Bummer no true long-hauls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.