Wiki Posts
Search

KUL weather on July 1st - storms??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
KUL weather on July 1st - storms??

Yesterday my friend and I were waiting for a 4 pm flight KBR-KUL and after check in noticed the flight was re-timed. Eventually after 4 hours we flew out.

The story we got from MH flight crew @ KBR was that weather was so bad @ KUL that our aircraft and several others were diverted to Penang and then Penang ATC delayed the flights returning to KUL because of the severity of the thunderstorms. We niticed an AirAsia flight landed at KBR just after 4 pm and assumed it came from KUL.

In KUL the taxi driver said there were no storms in the city that day and the reception at the Traders Hotel in KUL said the same thing.

I have been unable to find any info on the KUL region weather by looking at the "flightstatus" website.

Anyone know what the weather was like, OR what might have caused MH to delay their flight KUL-KBR ?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Could possibly be storms en-route, and not exactly at KUL? I had a GVA-CDG flight delayed by 45 mins "because of weather," but touch-down at CDG the tarmac was as dry as an alcoholics anonymous meeting.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Some entertainment on your expense for the crew perhaps

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...usByAirport.do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.