Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

How to refresh or transfer EVA Air miles before expiration?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:52 am
Original Poster

I have an EVA air account with 50k miles on it that is coming due at the end of the year. In the past I have even lost more EVA air miles because they have the first in/first out usage policy that only last 3 years without any hope of refreshing with activity.

I have not kept up with EVA news as of late. Is there any new developments with EVA that will allow refreshing the miles expiration?

Can I transfer them to another Star Alliance partner (United?) before they expire? I don't have any body to transfer them to either.

if not, I spend them on anything? Magazines? Other?

thanks
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mrfatboy
I have an EVA air account with 50k miles on it that is coming due at the end of the year. In the past I have even lost more EVA air miles because they have the first in/first out usage policy that only last 3 years without any hope of refreshing with activity.

I have not kept up with EVA news as of late. Is there any new developments with EVA that will allow refreshing the miles expiration?

Can I transfer them to another Star Alliance partner (United?) before they expire? I don't have any body to transfer them to either.

if not, I spend them on anything? Magazines? Other?

thanks

You cannot transfer the miles to another airline.
Some options for spending are located here: https://eservice.evaair.com/Evaweb/E...ty-reward.aspx

Ways of earning more miles are provided here:
http://www.evaair.com/en-us/infinity...eage/partners/
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:13 pm

What country are you in?

I don't know any easy way, buying something/magazine would probably be the easiest, but still doesn't get around the FIFO 3-year expiry (which is really really short)

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Oct 5, 2014 at 4:50 am Reason: Removed discussion of trading miles and reference to forum OP is not eligible for.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
What country are you in?

I don't know any easy way, buying something/magazine would probably be the easiest, but still doesn't get around the FIFO 3-year expiry (which is really really short)
I'm in the United States. I guess magazines are not even an option.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Oct 5, 2014 at 4:50 am Reason: Removed now deleted content
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Since your topic pertains to a specific airline, I've moved the thread to the dedicated Other Asian Airlines forum for further feedback and discussion.

Good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors, Marriott, IHG
Any updates?

I received a email-notice of expiring miles, website's redemption options don't jive being that I live in the U.S., transfer options still seem null.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Do you have any use for a United (or any other *A carrier) flight next year? 50K gets you a coach ticket within N America (including Hawaii).

The expiration of the miles is the last date you can book with them, but the travel dates can be as far out as you can usefully book.

A real waste to let 50K miles go down the drain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.