Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetStar, Scoot, or Tigerair?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by aster
Well, regular airlines face the same issues too and it happens more often than people think. Regardless of the carrier in question, you are going to face delays in your travels...

Insurance is one thing, but regulatory protection is something that every nation should have. In the UE airlines cannot just screw over passengers as they wish - there are clear laws pertaining to the compensation applicable in such situations.

Hopefully the rest of the world will follow suit in holding airlines accountable just as every other industry should be.
At least from experience, LCC screw up my itinerary more often and information during delays are always lacking..

I really hope we have the similar EU laws to protect passengers in Asia.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Flew again with Scoot recently and must say I would always choose them over the likes of Etihad.

My recent trip on Etihad (A330 I believe) was a bit claustrophobic, whereas the back section of Scoot's 777 feels much more spacious, especially where the section goes from 3-4-3 to 2-4-2.

But of course Scoot's biggest selling point is not just decent fares but very decent 1-way fares out of SIN, which can be very useful for those doing less conventional arrangements (1-way cruise, etc.).
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:56 am

Yeah, Scoot is not bad, but they don't serve that many destinations.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
True, but they have the only non-stop route between Singapore and the Gold Coast (SIN-OOL).

And I rate the experience of flying with them (at least on the 777) as better than going with Etihad to BNE.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:00 pm

Haven't flown Scoot, but heard good reviews from it. Have flown Tigerair and Jetstar. Tigerair really stank, the seats were tiny and can't recline, the flights I flew with them were all delayed. Jetstar is better, relatively-speaking. Flights (mostly) on time, friendly service and professional standards.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
I've flown both Scoot and Tigerair. Only Scoot give me a hassle on my carry-on weight, which was ~ 25lbs. Both are good though.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:58 pm

Scoot didn't even check my carry-ons in SYD. But them I was under the limit with checked bags.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by aster
Scoot didn't even check my carry-ons in SYD. But them I was under the limit with checked bags.
I think it's station dependant. They were extremely strict in SIN and OOL, but completely ignored them in TPE.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:30 pm

They didn't check in SIN either, but OOL was another story. It almost seemed like they were getting paid bonuses for charging excess luggage as they would even harass pax for 1kg, of course threatening them during check-in... that check-in is about to close.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:53 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

I'd be curious to know what the object was. And it caused a 30 min hold-up?

Last edited by hco; Jan 22, 2015 at 9:30 am
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hco
I'd be curious to know what the object was. And it caused a 30 min hold-up?
It was pepper spray!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:45 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

yes - I saw in the other thread =)
Old Dec 14, 2020, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Is JetStar (JQ) still as good as it was 5 or 6 years ago?

Flying from SFO to MNL, one routing offered by UA is SFO-SIN-MNL, with a 10-hour layover and the second segment on JQ. It is about $90 less expensive than other routings.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Is JetStar (JQ) still as good as it was 5 or 6 years ago?

Flying from SFO to MNL, one routing offered by UA is SFO-SIN-MNL, with a 10-hour layover and the second segment on JQ. It is about $90 less expensive than other routings.
$90 is not a lot. Class of travel?
In these times, Covid-19 restrictions can be more important than the price.
Route Great Circle Mapper

Jetstar JQ is the Australian version https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetstar
Jetstar Asia 3K is the Singapore version https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetstar_Asia_Airways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.