Wiki Posts
Search

MU miles from Skyteam partners don't post

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
MU miles from Skyteam partners don't post

Within the past couple of months I've flown on China Southern, Shanghai Airlines, and China Airlines. My MU Eastern Miles number was printed on all the boarding passes. However, none of them have posted to my MU account.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

MU miles from MU metal generally post in 2 days.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH-FTL, BRgold, EKsilver, FB silver, IHG-RA
Similar situation but the other way round: I post MU miles to FB (unlike you posting Skyteam miles to MU). Since 2009 I fly domestic MU a few times per year and always have my FB number in the booking. Usually I have it double checked by the check-in agent. Miles have not once posted. For each flight I had to claim the miles through the FB website.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:36 pm

I flew CZ this past Sunday and miles posted to my MU account on Thursday.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:10 am

Programs: Platinum for Life Flying Blue; LH FTL
I gave up on using my MU card when flying CZ. Miles just don't get credited.

MU customer service at pvg or sha are always very friendly and they will register your claim (by ticket number on boarding pass) as many times as you wish. My impression is that their system does not keep track of your requests.
Once the six months are passed by, they will point this out to you and explain that the possibility to claim has expired easy!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
I only use my MU card for their own flights and generally do not expect Chinese airlines to have much interest in crediting "partner miles".
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
I have not once got miles/points from any Mainland carrier when not flying with their own metal. MU/FM is the only exception (MU points for FM flights). Oh hold on, I did got MU points last month flying QF SYD-SIN on MU ticket. I was genuinely surprised.
Old May 6, 2012, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
I'm just a sadist for continuing to fly them I guess...

Even after I've sent in my BP's (4 first class segments on CI) they haven't posted. I'm going to call MU quits and shift to Star Alliance. Living in Shanghai though it's impossible to avoid them completely.
Old May 19, 2012, 8:19 pm

Again had no problem with miles posting. I flew both CZ and FM this past week, and both posted to my MU account within 5 days.
Does your name on ticket match exactly the name as on the new MU card? I had some issues with MU in the past due to middle name difference, so this could be creating problems for some...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.