Search

Asia Air Passes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Asia Air Passes

Asian Air Pass
Got 28 days on my own in Bali, thinking I could do some flights and explore, anyone got any experience with Air Passes or any advice.
Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:48 am

No experiece with air passes but I would check out prices w/airasia and lionair for individual flights. They both have low ticket priced especially if you have the ability to +- 1 or 2 days.

Ps. Just flew out of bali after spending 27 days. At phuket on tranfer to chiang mai.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks that is a good idea. But as a true FT person was hoping to find something with miles ....
I guess LCC really have changed the market
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by adampenrith
Thanks that is a good idea. But as a true FT person was hoping to find something with miles ....
I guess LCC really have changed the market
Flight passes only work with conjuction international airline tickets of the same alliance. You didn't say how you're getting to wherever and on what airline.

There're the *A, OW and ST asian airpasses. You have to check the individual forums to find out more info about this. You also need to buy the airpass at the same time as your international ticket. Hence you can't do this online as the airpass must be cross referenced to that ticket.

You would most likely need the services of a travel agent in your originating country of travel to piece this for you.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Garuda, Air France
Garuda Air Pass

Hi Adam,

Garuda Indonesia is about to introduce an air pass for Indonesia:
http://www.indonesia.travel/en/news/...y-destinations
I don't know if this system will commence before or after you need it.

Garuda Indonesia doesn't have the biggest range of domestic routes. Most of its clientele are the well-off and public servants, so Garuda flies mostly to provincial capitals only. It doesn't fly to e.g. Labuan Bajo (the nearest airport to Komodo Island) or anywhere on Sumba / Sumbawa islands.

You can compare Garuda Indonesia to other Indonesian domestic airlines here:
http://flights.indonesiamatters.com/which-airline/
and decide whether it's worth paying the full-service/comfort premium compared to its competitors. I personally believe that for shorter flights (when you only get a snack, not a cooked meal) it isn't.

Garuda Indonesia is still on the way to joining Sky Team, but it hasn't officially happened yet.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Wow a visit Indo pass will be awesome.

Not sure if I am going to see it before my May trip

Spoke to Garuda today in SYD asking if they can like a J class reservation with a restricted Econ sector , she said book the CGK SIN return online for $70USD then ring us , link it so I can check in at SIN and be issued with BP and bags checked thru.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.