FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-air-travel-including-private-non-airline-aviation-754/)
-   -   Delta Private Jets launches empty leg membership program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-air-travel-including-private-non-airline-aviation/1888988-delta-private-jets-launches-empty-leg-membership-program.html)

Nicoolio Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Delta Private Jets launches empty leg membership program

Just saw Delta Private Jets launched an empty leg membership program. It's $8,600 for year one and $6,000 per year after that. You get as many empty legs as you can use for free. You also get the entire aircraft - so seems like an advantage over JetSmarter. DPJ says they had over 6,300 empty legs last year. I wonder how that compares to the number of empties JS offered?

"If you are wondering what were the busiest airports for empties, Davis lists off Teterboro, White Plains, Charleston, Palm Beach, Atlanta, Naples, Washington Dulles, Boca Raton, Jacksonville, Salt Lake City and Cincinnati."

There are also guaranteed one-way charter rates on a pay as you go basis.

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...-availability/

Kagehitokiri Jan 18, 2018 3:57 pm

operator owned by delta airlines right?

total number of empty legs is one thing, are all owners participating?

light jets = citation and nextant

can you use DPJ card to pay membership fee? $50K/yr (incl DL commercial) gets DL diamond.

damaxer91 Feb 12, 2018 10:08 am

Any way to view current offerings without membership?

canuck58 Feb 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91 (Post 29408567)
Any way to view current offerings without membership?

You can register for free to check out their empty leg inventory.

PbodyPhoto Feb 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by ProfNum01 (Post 29454485)
too high cost !!!!!

This has to be sarcasm right? This is a bargain for access to the entire jet on empty legs

Westin Feb 26, 2018 2:44 pm

So far my experience has been sub-par.

Nicoolio Feb 26, 2018 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Westin (Post 29462044)
So far my experience has been sub-par.

Can you share details?

Westin Feb 27, 2018 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Nicoolio (Post 29462620)
Can you share details?

PM'd

Nicoolio Feb 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Westin (Post 29465324)
PM'd

Thanks -

canuck58 Mar 1, 2018 7:02 am

They now have a 90-day empty leg history on their web page that users can search. This can be accessed with a demo account, membership is not required.

millions Mar 2, 2018 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto (Post 29457190)

This has to be sarcasm right? This is a bargain for access to the entire jet on empty legs

Sure, if you can get one. There are hardly any flights from or to California. The website shows about a dozen flights originating from SF/Oakland in the past 90 days, and about 40 from LAX/BUR/VNY, with many of those local re-positioning flights like from LAX to Santa Ana.

$9,000 is a whole lot to pay for nothing.

Westin Mar 2, 2018 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by millions (Post 29478004)
Sure, if you can get one. There are hardly any flights from or to California. The website shows about a dozen flights originating from SF/Oakland in the past 90 days, and about 40 from LAX/BUR/VNY, with many of those local re-positioning flights like from LAX to Santa Ana.

$9,000 is a lot to pay for nothing.

this. I haven’t seen any good flights really posted, with a lot in my area being super short or postioning. The lack of any recovery what so ever on cancellations makes it very hard as at that point you’re past hotel and such cancellation policies

WhyPrivate Mar 8, 2018 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Westin (Post 29478083)

this. I haven’t seen any good flights really posted, with a lot in my area being super short or postioning. The lack of any recovery what so ever on cancellations makes it very hard as at that point you’re past hotel and such cancellation policies

How can one go about getting a trial membership for this program? I'd like to try it before getting excited about another overpriced empty leg program that I can't use...wish i had more free time.

Delta Private Jets from what I understand does not own the aircraft in their fleet but manages the aircraft and sells charters for their individual owners.

I have reached out to Delta directly for charter requests but found their pricing to be high, or them looking to just sell a jet card. I even chartered their Citation X (N2AZ) on a trip to Scottsdale last year through a broker. That Citation was in much nicer shape and any XO jet planes that I've flown on.

Would love to see what else their fleet has to offer @ a lower cost than they currently command.

Nicoolio Mar 9, 2018 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate (Post 29501375)
I have reached out to Delta directly for charter requests but found their pricing to be high, or them looking to just sell a jet card. I even chartered their Citation X (N2AZ) on a trip to Scottsdale last year through a broker. That Citation was in much nicer shape and any XO jet planes that I've flown on.

XO is refurbishing their planes - not sure how far along -

WhyPrivate Mar 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Nicoolio (Post 29505761)
XO is refurbishing their planes - not sure how far along -

That's good to hear.. I'm sure some are better than others, but some interiors are not up to par.
Any idea what is happening to all of the 800XP that travel management no longer offers? Selling in bulk to another operator? aren't they partnered with XO, Maybe them?