Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation
Reload this Page >

Delta Private Jets launches empty leg membership program

Delta Private Jets launches empty leg membership program

Old Jan 17, 18, 6:57 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 535
Delta Private Jets launches empty leg membership program

Just saw Delta Private Jets launched an empty leg membership program. It's $8,600 for year one and $6,000 per year after that. You get as many empty legs as you can use for free. You also get the entire aircraft - so seems like an advantage over JetSmarter. DPJ says they had over 6,300 empty legs last year. I wonder how that compares to the number of empties JS offered?

"If you are wondering what were the busiest airports for empties, Davis lists off Teterboro, White Plains, Charleston, Palm Beach, Atlanta, Naples, Washington Dulles, Boca Raton, Jacksonville, Salt Lake City and Cincinnati."

There are also guaranteed one-way charter rates on a pay as you go basis.

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...-availability/
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Nicoolio is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 4:57 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,510
operator owned by delta airlines right?

total number of empty legs is one thing, are all owners participating?

light jets = citation and nextant

can you use DPJ card to pay membership fee? $50K/yr (incl DL commercial) gets DL diamond.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Feb 12, 18, 11:08 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York
Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Posts: 1,598
Any way to view current offerings without membership?
damaxer91 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 18, 7:55 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
Any way to view current offerings without membership?
You can register for free to check out their empty leg inventory.
Gunterindiana likes this.
canuck58 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 18, 1:08 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: QF LTG
Posts: 855
Originally Posted by ProfNum01 View Post
too high cost !!!!!
This has to be sarcasm right? This is a bargain for access to the entire jet on empty legs
PbodyPhoto is offline  
Old Feb 26, 18, 3:44 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 495
So far my experience has been sub-par.
Westin is offline  
Old Feb 26, 18, 6:39 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 535
Originally Posted by Westin View Post
So far my experience has been sub-par.
Can you share details?
Nicoolio is offline  
Old Feb 27, 18, 11:38 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 495
Originally Posted by Nicoolio View Post
Can you share details?
PM'd
Westin is offline  
Old Feb 27, 18, 2:37 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 535
Originally Posted by Westin View Post
PM'd
Thanks -
Nicoolio is offline  
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:02 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
They now have a 90-day empty leg history on their web page that users can search. This can be accessed with a demo account, membership is not required.
canuck58 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 18, 2:24 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto View Post


This has to be sarcasm right? This is a bargain for access to the entire jet on empty legs
Sure, if you can get one. There are hardly any flights from or to California. The website shows about a dozen flights originating from SF/Oakland in the past 90 days, and about 40 from LAX/BUR/VNY, with many of those local re-positioning flights like from LAX to Santa Ana.

$9,000 is a whole lot to pay for nothing.

Last edited by millions; Apr 12, 18 at 11:58 am
millions is offline  
Old Mar 2, 18, 2:55 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 495
Originally Posted by millions View Post
Sure, if you can get one. There are hardly any flights from or to California. The website shows about a dozen flights originating from SF/Oakland in the past 90 days, and about 40 from LAX/BUR/VNY, with many of those local re-positioning flights like from LAX to Santa Ana.

$9,000 is a lot to pay for nothing.
this. I havenít seen any good flights really posted, with a lot in my area being super short or postioning. The lack of any recovery what so ever on cancellations makes it very hard as at that point youíre past hotel and such cancellation policies
Westin is offline  
Old Mar 8, 18, 2:28 pm
  #13  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by Westin View Post


this. I havenít seen any good flights really posted, with a lot in my area being super short or postioning. The lack of any recovery what so ever on cancellations makes it very hard as at that point youíre past hotel and such cancellation policies
How can one go about getting a trial membership for this program? I'd like to try it before getting excited about another overpriced empty leg program that I can't use...wish i had more free time.

Delta Private Jets from what I understand does not own the aircraft in their fleet but manages the aircraft and sells charters for their individual owners.

I have reached out to Delta directly for charter requests but found their pricing to be high, or them looking to just sell a jet card. I even chartered their Citation X (N2AZ) on a trip to Scottsdale last year through a broker. That Citation was in much nicer shape and any XO jet planes that I've flown on.

Would love to see what else their fleet has to offer @ a lower cost than they currently command.
WhyPrivate is offline  
Old Mar 9, 18, 3:58 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 535
Originally Posted by WhyPrivate View Post
I have reached out to Delta directly for charter requests but found their pricing to be high, or them looking to just sell a jet card. I even chartered their Citation X (N2AZ) on a trip to Scottsdale last year through a broker. That Citation was in much nicer shape and any XO jet planes that I've flown on.
XO is refurbishing their planes - not sure how far along -
Nicoolio is offline  
Old Mar 12, 18, 4:42 pm
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by Nicoolio View Post
XO is refurbishing their planes - not sure how far along -
That's good to hear.. I'm sure some are better than others, but some interiors are not up to par.
Any idea what is happening to all of the 800XP that travel management no longer offers? Selling in bulk to another operator? aren't they partnered with XO, Maybe them?
WhyPrivate is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread